2020 Solitude a/c ceiling vents don’t close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Solitude a/c ceiling vents don’t close

2020 Solitude 377MBS: A/C ceiling vents in living area and bedroom won’t rotate to change air flow direction, and also don’t close. We would like to replace a few of them in the living room with ones that close to force more air forward to the bedroom at night, when running the rear a/c only (quieter than running bedroom a/c). How to remove the ceiling vents? What size are they, for ordering a few closable replacements? Has anyone else removed/replaced ceiling air vents? Where to order air vents that can be closed? Thanks for any help!
    Doug & Barb
    2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
    2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
    No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
    Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

We have a 2020 Solitude and all of our vents can be removed and rotated but not all of them can be closed. The ones that can't be closed blow in opposite directions. So, we purchased a few of these vents to replace some of the vents in the living area.

For example, the original vent near our stairs blew into the living area but also back up the stairs and into the bedroom. We wanted it to blow only into the living area so we replaced that one.

The ceiling vents are two pieces. One is attached to the ceiling. The part you remove just pulls away from that piece. Just pull down a bit and you'll see it separate from the other piece in the ceiling. The replacement vents just pop into the existing hole.

Click image for larger version  Name:	vent.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	26504
    Last edited by bertschb; 08-06-2020, 09:52 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

That was a fast reply! Thanks. I tried to loosen/rotate the vents, but they wouldn’t budge, and I didn’t want to damage anything on our brand new unit. We only used it for 2 weeks before leaving it parked on our site, and returned north for the summer. So, didn’t get a chance to play with it. Going back in October. Is there any hidden lock or something I need to do to pull them out? Are the bedroom vents the same size as the living area vents? We have a loft with one closable vent, but I couldn’t get it to rotate. Again, thanks!
      Doug & Barb
      2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
      No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.

Comment

I can only speak for my 2020 Solitude but I'm pretty sure the vents in all 2020 Solitudes would be the same. No locks or tabs or anything. Just pull down with some force. If you look closely as you pull down, you will see a gap between the part you remove and the part that stays in the ceiling. Some of mine were rather difficult to rotate but you can always just remove the vent and then replace it so it's oriented in the direction you want. All of our vents are the same size.
        Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Thanks again! Sure helps if someone else has been there, done that.
          Doug & Barb
          2020 Solitude 377MBS-R

Comment

Originally posted by SolitudeAtLast View Post
            Thanks again! Sure helps if someone else has been there, done that.
            there are replacement style vents on the market wherein the flaps are adjustable and rotate 360. Do a search here
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
            GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
            SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Working...
            X