Heating Duct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating Duct?

Went looking for the water pump and found the attached heating duct (?). I believe the duct that is lying on the floor is supposed to be attached to the duct above it. I believe I see a hole in the above duct. I wanted to make sure that's where it is supposed to be. Thanks!

Originally posted by Sullivan89 View Post
    Went looking for the water pump and found the attached heating duct (?). I believe the duct that is lying on the floor is supposed to be attached to the duct above it. I believe I see a hole in the above duct. I wanted to make sure that's where it is supposed to be. Thanks!
    What year and model of GD unit are we looking at? Is the "above duct" to the left of the black ABS drain pipe? It is difficult to ascertain what's being referenced--if you could put an arrow or circle what-you-think-goes-where it would be easier for a knowledgeable individual (that's not me in this case!) to respond.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Sullivan89 View Post
      I am guessing Reflection fifth wheel , mine did almost the same thing. You can get the proper foil tape at the hardware store , Lowes , Homedepot , in the heating section. You could also use a couple short sheet metal screws as the tape may not hold , as already evident use the tape to seal though.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Sullivan89

This is a “classic” assembly failure. They tape the flange to the ductwork and forget to drive the sheet metal screws that keep it there. Exactly the same thing happened to my 2015 Reflection over 5 years ago (and we talked to Grand Design about this) While you are fixing this . . . make sure that the flange is centered over the hole in the ductwork ( and you might have to cut the hole a little bigger) . . . another frequent problem.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I can't understand why they are still having this problem. Here's a pic from 2014. I'm going to send a copy of your picture to the factory guys so they address this again.

Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Heat Duct.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	27127
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

GDRV-Emily GDRV-Megan

Can you ladies please get a copy of this thread to the factory team? I know this was addressed a few years ago by putting screws into the flange, but it looks like that was changed back to a "tape only" connection.

Thanks,

​​​​​​​Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
              GDRV-Emily GDRV-Megan

Can you ladies please get a copy of this thread to the factory team? I know this was addressed a few years ago by putting screws into the flange, but it looks like that was changed back to a "tape only" connection.

Thanks,

Jim
              I would be more than happy to send this over to our production teams. The only question I have is what type of unit does the original poster have? Sullivan89 I don't see a VIN in the profile, and no mention as to which unit he has in the post. Everyone (forum moderators) who has chimed in on this thread has a Reflection, and you all have mentioned that this has been brought to production's attention already. If I could get more information from the OP, I can get this addressed at the plant.

Thanks.
              Last edited by GDRV-Megan; 08-20-2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X