Imagine 2800BH 2nd ac pre wired or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2800BH 2nd ac pre wired or not

My son has a 2019 or 2020 Imagine 2800 BH. He wants a second AC in place of the bedroom vent. I just installed one on my Reflection. Can anyone tell me if the 2800 BH is pre wired for the second AC? I know I can peak up in the vent cavity if needed to check. Just thought I’d ask first. Thanks.
    Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post
    My son has a 2019 or 2020 Imagine 2800 BH. He wants a second AC in place of the bedroom vent. I just installed one on my Reflection. Can anyone tell me if the 2800 BH is pre wired for the second AC? I know I can peak up in the vent cavity if needed to check. Just thought I’d ask first. Thanks.
    The diagram from June 2019 I have access to shows the bedroom is "AC Prepped". So a conditional "yes" to your question.

The only way to know for sure is to pull down the cover and look for the wiring or call GD Customer Service with the VIN.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Another , easier maybe , check you can do is to look at the power panel for 2 a/c breakers. Being a 50 amp trailer it "should" be wired for the second a/c.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks guys. I was going to have my son check the panel, but didn’t feel that meant the wiring was there. I’ll have him pull the vent down to be sure before ordering the unit. Thanks again.

Comment

I literally JUST went through this a month ago with my 2019 2800BH. On the phone with Grand Design, the guy in customer service said: did it come with a 50A cord or 30A? Mine came with 50A and he said the only reason for 50A is if my unit is 2nd AC installed or prepped. Indeed, looking up at the ceiling in the bedroom there physically is a sticker saying only install a 110V AC unit, or something to that effect.

So without checking VIN, easiest way to know: did it come from the factory/dealer with a 50A or 30A service?

I went ahead and matched (not required, just preference) the coleman mach unit that was in the main area. Then I got the coleman mach (non-ducted install) ceiling control panel (the wall thermostat from factory was single zone). It was the one with extra omnidirectional louvres, and bluetooth app control (thought that may be handy so we can turn it off in the middle of the night without standing on the bed while partner is sleeping)

Anyway, if interested I can provide links with part numbers if needed.

Comment

Daemonic3, thanks for the reply. I haven’t been on for a while. My son does have the 50 amp cord. I’m still waiting for his decision to install it. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X