RV Airflow System Install Upside Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Airflow System Install Upside Down

I have a 2021 240RL and my front A/C blows no air out but is running. Just found the installation videos for the RV Airflow System and looking at how it is installed in my RV and it was installed upside down. WTH, they had one job to do and how did this A/C pass quality control inspection.
    Last edited by curtisbowers; 09-06-2020, 11:54 AM.
    2021 Reflection 240RL
    2020 Ram 2500

Originally posted by curtisbowers View Post
    I have a 2021 240RL and my front A/C blows no air out but is running. Just found the installation videos for the RV Airflow System and looking at how it is installed in my RV and it is differently upside down. WTH, they had one job to do and how did this A/C pass quality control inspection.
    Could possibly post a picture please?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I captured a picture from the video showing the correct orientation and the 2nd photo shows the intake is pointed down with the curved portion up on my install.
      2021 Reflection 240RL
      2020 Ram 2500

Comment

I captured a picture from the video showing the correct orientation and the 2nd photo shows the intake is pointed down with the curved portion up on my install.
        Not that I doubted you but just wanted a picture of it actually upside down. That sure is a simple fix and should not have happened in the first place. GD missed this at inspection points and your dealer also missed this at there inspection when accepting delivery. Well at least it is an easy fix and I wish we had that in our unit.

Welcome to the Forum.

Just going back and reading your first post did you order with 2 a/c units?

If so is there a foam block in both units?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

They even left this plate installed, which does not go back on once the kit is installed. It restricts return air. This was my front bedroom A/C, now I wondering if they left this same plate on the main A/C unit. I need a step stool to get to this unit and haven't added one yet. This is our first trip and still adding items that are needed. Someone at the factory needs to be retrained on the installation of these RV Airflow kits.
          Last edited by curtisbowers; 09-06-2020, 10:24 AM.
          2021 Reflection 240RL
          2020 Ram 2500

Comment

GDRV-Megan GDRV-Emily

Here is some feed back for the Reflection team.

​​​​​​​Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you for the feedback, Curtis. GD management will get this info from the moderator team.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

They even left this plate installed, which does not go back on once the kit is installed. It restricts return air. This was my front bedroom A/C, now I wondering if they left this same plate on the main A/C unit. I need a step stool to get to this unit and haven't added one yet. This is our first trip and still adding items that are needed. Someone at the factory needs to be retrained on the installation of these RV Airflow kits.
                Curtis,
                GD does not install RV Airflow systems in the bedroom air conditioner, only the main a/c in the living area. By any chance was the bedroom air conditioner and RV Airflow system installed by the dealer?

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

curtisbowers

I confirmed with GD that your trailer came from the factory with two air conditioners, but it only had one RV Airflow system installed (not the one in the bedroom). All GD trailers only get one RV Airflow installed--nothing, not even the Momentums with 3 a/c's have more than one RV Airflow.

So it is a mystery how the second one got installed. Was it on your invoice when your unit was purchased from the dealer (did they add it)?

I hope you'll post back with more info.

Howard

Comment

@howson

Just seeing your posts from today, been working all day. The RV is stored about 30 minutes from my house and I have to travel out of town for the next 2 or 3 days. I can go out to the RV when I get back and bring a step ladder to get to the living area A/C to see if there is an RV Airflow system in it. No RV Airflow System was listed on the invoice and this was never discussed with the salesperson. I didn't know this existed until I came across the installation video on YouTube. Calls to the service department and the people that prep the RV for delivery acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, which is kind of scary. Thanks for doing the research. I sent an email to customerservice@granddesignrv.com Saturday and no one has replied yet.
                    2021 Reflection 240RL
                    2020 Ram 2500

Comment

@howson

Just seeing your posts from today, been working all day. The RV is stored about 30 minutes from my house and I have to travel out of town for the next 2 or 3 days. I can go out to the RV when I get back and bring a step ladder to get to the living area A/C to see if there is an RV Airflow system in it. No RV Airflow System was listed on the invoice and this was never discussed with the salesperson. I didn't know this existed until I came across the installation video on YouTube. Calls to the service department and the people that prep the RV for delivery acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, which is kind of scary. Thanks for doing the research. I sent an email to customerservice@granddesignrv.com Saturday and no one has replied yet.
                      I'll be looking for your post once you get a look at the living room a/c. Please take pictures! If you didn't pay extra for the bedroom RV Airflow...there's still something not quite right.

FYI my purpose is not to "throw GD under the bus". As with all issues, myself and the other moderators try to help GD identify problems they may not be aware of so they can take corrective action. GD is usually the first to admit they don't get is 100% right every time.

Comment

curtisbowers -- did the dealership give you a document showing the components (with serial numbers) as installed by GD during production? I'm curious if the air conditioners on your unit match what GD installed at the factory. I've asked my contact at GD for this info, too.

I also mentioned that you'd sent an email and that we're working the issue here on the forum.

Howard

Comment

I found the A/C serial numbers, Mach 15 is 200407992 and Mach 10 200393673. I did find a very plan 1 sheet of paper that says RV Airflow System with a picture of a RV A/C cover and not the airflow device. It just states not to use the Air Dump vents and clean filters often. If I wouldn't have searched for RV A/C issues I would have never found a video in this system as there is no description given on its purpose or how it works when installed CORRECTLY. LOL
                          2021 Reflection 240RL
                          2020 Ram 2500

Comment

I found the A/C serial numbers, Mach 15 is 200407992 and Mach 10 200393673. I did find a very plan 1 sheet of paper that says RV Airflow System with a picture of a RV A/C cover and not the airflow device. It just states not to use the Air Dump vents and clean filters often. If I wouldn't have searched for RV A/C issues I would have never found a video in this system as there is no description given on its purpose or how it works when installed CORRECTLY. LOL
                            When you go look at the living room a/c, see if you can match serial numbers with the sheet. May be a red herring, but I just wonder if a unit got swapped somewhere by a technician that had no idea what the RV Airflow device is (or how to install it properly).

If the serial numbers don't match please write down the ones you find! (A picture would be super, too.)

Comment

Good morning. Before we send this to our reflection team... Did anyone confirm that it was in fact installed from the factory like this ?
                              just want to ensure we are providing the best info possible back to our team.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X