Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airxcel blown fuse 2x

2021 Reflection 297RSTS

Has anyone had their fuse inside their living room thermostat blow more than once? Second time during this heat wave in Southern California is not good.
    The dealer couldn't give an explanation and just replaced the fuse.

Should I have the whole thermostat replaced?

Thanks!

Welcome Christi! Glad you joined us.

I believe the thermostat is powered by 12V (battery) power. If your battery voltage starts going down, it takes more amperage to run the device. More amperage can cause the fuse to fail. By any chance, do you have a volt meter handy that you can use to check the voltage at the batteries? If so, I can provide specific directions on how to check everything out. It is possible that your converter/charger is not working correctly and allowing the battery voltage to drop.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you Jim. Unfortunately I don't however since I'm going to get more fuses today I'll pick one up. I would love your assistance. I will have time tomorrow to have a look at it in detail. Should I message you then?

Comment

Christi Ahl -- you're in good hands with Jim helping you out with the thermostat issue. I'm posting to welcome you to the forum and ask that when you get a chance to check out the welcome letter. There may be something in the letter that helps you get them most from your time here on the forum.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We were out camping this past weekend and needed to run the heater for the first time in our 2021 Reflection 260RD. Heater ran for about 2 minutes then stopped. LCD display in the Airxcel thermostat was blank. The fuse had blown in the stat. Had to go to the local RV dealer to get another fuse but that blew as well. We ran the A/C all summer with no problem, Called the dealer twice to see how they want to attack this problem, both times they took my phone number and said they'd call me back. So far, nothing. When I checked the Airxcel info in the RV info pouch, it looks like GD wired it with different color wires then what the manufacture directed. Red wire +12 vdc, blue wire -12 vdc. The blue wire on my RV was cut to 1/4" out of the cable sheath. Hope someone at GD comes up with a fix. I'm sure there are more than just two of us with this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jwbike85 View Post
            We were out camping this past weekend and needed to run the heater for the first time in our 2021 Reflection 260RD. Heater ran for about 2 minutes then stopped. LCD display in the Airxcel thermostat was blank. The fuse had blown in the stat. Had to go to the local RV dealer to get another fuse but that blew as well. We ran the A/C all summer with no problem, Called the dealer twice to see how they want to attack this problem, both times they took my phone number and said they'd call me back. So far, nothing. When I checked the Airxcel info in the RV info pouch, it looks like GD wired it with different color wires then what the manufacture directed. Red wire +12 vdc, blue wire -12 vdc. The blue wire on my RV was cut to 1/4" out of the cable sheath. Hope someone at GD comes up with a fix. I'm sure there are more than just two of us with this problem.
            Did you re-wire the thermostat to match the manufacture?

If so did this fix the problem?

If you are still having the problem and dealer is not being any help you may want to contact GD customer service, number is on the home page , have your vin number ready. You may need to leave a call back number as they are pretty busy. Please post back if you have any results or need more assistance.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X