2021 Imagine 2600RB furnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Imagine 2600RB furnace

We just picked up our new trailer. When running the furnace I noticed that it's really warm behind the kitchen drawers. The furnace is leaking hot air from the seams. I was thinking of tapping the seams on the furnace with foil tape to push the air into the vents. Is it ok to do this or will it mess up the airflow? Thanks

Originally posted by mandsfargo View Post
    We just picked up our new trailer. When running the furnace I noticed that it's really warm behind the kitchen drawers. The furnace is leaking hot air from the seams. I was thinking of tapping the seams on the furnace with foil tape to push the air into the vents. Is it ok to do this or will it mess up the airflow? Thanks
    Even with taping the seams you will still get the residual heat from the furnace. I do not see a problem in taping the seams except to make sure that you do not have any blockage thru the duct work or the registers. If you have good flow out of the registers already then you may not have a problem with over heating the furnace. The duct work is flexible that does not allow for great airflow like a solid smooth wall pipe would. If you use the heat quite often you may even benefit from leaving the top draw open a little to allow some of the heat out.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by mandsfargo View Post
      Can you see physical separation of the ducts from the furnace? You'd definitely want that fixed (either yourself or a warranty repair).

In addition to what my Brian has written in post #2, what may help to know about your furnace configuration is there are four ducts that supply heat to the trailer. The shortest is from the furnace to the bedroom. Then there is another from the furnace to the outside of the kitchen sink area (blows into the 'hallway'). A third is a bit longer and extends almost to the front entrance. That register is across from the theater seating. The fourth is the longest (by far). It extends down the length of the trailer, wraps around the back, and then loops back where the register is under the shower (near the potty).

The point in explaining all of that is if you find the bedroom is too hot and the bathroom too cold, you might consider replacing the OEM registers with adjustable registers. This post has info on a replacement for a Momentum--if might (or might not) fit your Imagine: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...6643#post16643

BTW--welcome to the forum! I hope you'll check out the welcome letter to find how to get the most out of GD's technical forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm running the furnace as I type this in my 2020 2600rb. If I open up the door below the sink I can see the furnace and stick my hand back in there. Doesn't appear to be any extra hot air blowing around in there. Warm from the furnace but no duct leaks.
        Charles and Susan
        2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
        Andersen Hitch
        2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
        X