Dehumidifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post
    The results are in and they are not too surprising.
    Not surprising but it's good to know that I'm not guessing

I appreciate you doing the experiment and sharing your results.
    2021 Transcend 247BH

Comment

We use a Danby 30qt dehumidifier in the living room at the end of the island. Normally, the 2 a/c units keep the humidity down. But when the Florida winter nights get cool/cold we run the dehumidifier at night to keep the humidity from condensing on the inside of the windows, and it also helps keep it warmer without running the heat or the fireplace. Also circulates the air when a/c is not running at nite. Nice to have clear windows in the morning on the inside. When we leave in the spring, the dehumidifier goes into the shower set at about 50% (with the drain hose on), along with the a/c units set to about 83 deg. Yes, its larger (about 8” x 12” X 18”), but we just live with it. We dump the tank every morning when using it at night.
      Doug & Barb
      2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
      2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
      No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
      Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the great information!! All of our past experiences with campers have come from living in Colorado which was not humid at all. We are now in Alabama for two months and and not currently running a dehumidifier and my weather station is telling me our current humidity inside is 45%. My question is what level of humidity is acceptable? What is the goal for a level?
        Scott & Mikaela
        2022 375 RES
        2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
          Thanks to all of you for the great information!! All of our past experiences with campers have come from living in Colorado which was not humid at all. We are now in Alabama for two months and and not currently running a dehumidifier and my weather station is telling me our current humidity inside is 45%. My question is what level of humidity is acceptable? What is the goal for a level?
          I've used 40-60% as the goal. A quick internet search turned up, According to the Environmental Protection Agency, indoor relative humidity should be kept below 60%. Ideally, between 30% and 50%. ( https://comfyhuman.com/comfortable-humidity-level/ )
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm considering using a dehumidifier while our trailer is in storage, especially during the hot, humid North Texas summer. A continuous drain feature is a must so we can drain it to the outside instead of to one of the gray water tanks.

It would seem like there is more than enough height to get the condensate to drain, maybe even running the hose to a piece of PVC pipe under the trailer for positive drainage.

Does anyone have any experience with dehumidifiers that they use while in storage? Any preferences for units with or without pumps? Does having a dehumidifier while in storage make a difference in the condition of your RV?
            2022 Reflection 280 RS
            2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

BR549 I have 2 of the smaller units in our camper. I just pulled the tank and set one in the shower the other in the kitchen sink. Since no one is going in and out needing to remove a lot of humidity is not required. Little air movement in the camper, so it stays pretty dry.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

You could also use the "Damprid" product and change them out once and a while, this could also be placed in the pass thru storage. No running devices may be a good thing.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                X