Reflection 240RL heating vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection 240RL heating vents

We just purchased a Reflection 240RL and took it out for our first trip. It is fall so we ran the furnace and noticed there are no heating vents in the kitchen/living room area. It was noticeably warmer in the bathroom and bedroom. Are there vents that may be not cut open?

Thanks, Teresa & Gary Stoker

Originally posted by Teresa & Gary Stoker View Post
    We just purchased a Reflection 240RL and took it out for our first trip. It is fall so we ran the furnace and noticed there are no heating vents in the kitchen/living room area. It was noticeably warmer in the bathroom and bedroom. Are there vents that may be not cut open?

Congrats on the 240RL, Teresa & Gary and welcome to Grand Design's Owners' (Technical) Forum. Please check out the Welcome post when you get a chance: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

To your question: according to a Heat/Air Plan drawing from 2019 there should be four furnace registers in your trailer. From rear to front, the first one is between the stove and sink. The second is at the base of the steps. The third one is in the bathroom itself and the fourth is in the bedroom.

The first register is the furthest away from the furnace. The other three are approximately the same distance from the furnace (but the bathroom register is easily the shortest).

If you're not getting any air movement through the living room or step registers, there is a problem. The duct could be disconnected from the furnace, it may have become disconnected underneath the trailer where two pieces were joined (not unheard of) and there could be a blockage in the register exit itself. My trailer had the latter problem in the kitchen vent--the aluminum "tape" (or whatever it is called) was peeled up and blocking the air. It was easy enough to remove the vent cover and clear the passageway.

Please post back to let the forum know the resolution or if further clarification is needed.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

A similar thread that might be interesting: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...in-the-bedroom
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Here's an example of a duct that became disconnected (has a picture): https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...5-heating-duct

Comment

In our original post about the heating vents/registers, the model year of our 240RL is a 2021. One reply indicated there was a vent between the stove and sink in the 2019 model but we do not have one in this area at all. That's why we wondered if there is one but the vent wasn't cut open or something. The other 4 registers all have good air flow coming out of them (1 rectangle one in the bedroom, 1 rectangle one in the bathroom, and 2 round ones on the the front and side of the stairs).

Comment

In our original post about the heating vents/registers, the model year of our 240RL is a 2021. One reply indicated there was a vent between the stove and sink in the 2019 model but we do not have one in this area at all. That's why we wondered if there is one but the vent wasn't cut open or something. The other 4 registers all have good air flow coming out of them (1 rectangle one in the bedroom, 1 rectangle one in the bathroom, and 2 round ones on the the front and side of the stairs).

I'd guess the newer models have a change not reflected in the drawings available to the moderators. Since the most I've seen is four outlets from any furnace drawing I *assume* that's the maximum that can be attached (at least at the furnace).

Comment

Looking at the panoramic view of the floor plan on the GD site I do not see an area or a space for a register between the sink and stove.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Looking at the panoramic view of the floor plan on the GD site I do not see an area or a space for a register between the sink and stove.

Brian
                The register in the bedroom is in the floor on this model. I'm guessing this was also true for the kitchen originally but it didn't make it into production. I pinged our hosts for updated drawings. (Oldest video I can find is a "2020 240RL" so that's why I suspect we have a very early drawing.

Sorry, OP, for the misinformation.

howard

Comment

...1 rectangle one in the bedroom, 1 rectangle one in the bathroom, and 2 round ones on the the front and side of the stairs...
                  Teresa & Gary,
                  The vents are correct for the 240RL (GD provided the moderators with updated drawings).

Again, I apologize for the misinformation in the earlier post.

Howard

Comment

Working...
                  X