Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heat Registers 2021 Transcend Xplor 260RB .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Registers 2021 Transcend Xplor 260RB .......

Hi Grand Design,
    Proud owner of a 2021 Transcend Xplor 260RB and love it !!
    Turned on the Furnace for the 1st time to try it out and to burn off the excess chemicals from the factory. I didn't check the furnace when I did my walk thru at the dealership because it was 110 degrees in Tucson on delivery day and I was just happy that the A/C worked. Never thought to check the Furnace Blower. My bad.
    Everything was perfect except no air was coming out of the Heat Register in the bedroom.
    The one in the bathroom works fine.
    I checked the furnace vents on the outside of the trailer and everything seems OK.No obstructions noticed.
    Can you please tell me how I can access the Furnace to see if the Air Duct going to the bedroom is properly connected ? My uneducated guess is that it came loose at some point.
    Or possibly something is not connected underneath the trailer ?
    Heading to Winslow, AZ in a couple of days and the overnight lows are going to be in the mid 20's. Brrrrrrr !!
    Any help/comments will be much appreciated. Thank you Grand Design !!!

TucsonJack

Welcome to our Grand Design Owners Technical Forum. Since this is your first visit please see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members. If you are trying to reach Grand Design directly, there is contact info in the “business card” on the upper right of our home page.

We do not (yet) have a lot of Transcend owners on this forum, but there are similarities with the other TT lines. The furnace is located behind or within cabinetry adjacent to the exterior cover and vent. There will likely be TT owners along shortly with more specifics.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 10-25-2020, 05:27 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you Rob

Comment

I am having the same issue in my 2021, 261BH. The bathroom is very hot and there is almost no air coming from the vent under the dinette. There is no air coming from the front bedroom vent at all. My furnace is under the rear bunk. There is one large hose that blows into the bathroom. One large hose heads to the front of the camper (presumably to run the dinette and bedroom heat) and the third large hose simply blows into the underbelly of the camper. This is likely to keep the pipes from freezing, but is very inefficient. We were freezing and went through a ton of propane. We have a solid plastic underbelly so we can't check to see if the hoses are kinked or properly routed. I will be taking it back to the dealership to see if they can fix the issues.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scorey525 View Post
          I am having the same issue in my 2021, 261BH. The bathroom is very hot and there is almost no air coming from the vent under the dinette. There is no air coming from the front bedroom vent at all. My furnace is under the rear bunk. There is one large hose that blows into the bathroom. One large hose heads to the front of the camper (presumably to run the dinette and bedroom heat) and the third large hose simply blows into the underbelly of the camper. This is likely to keep the pipes from freezing, but is very inefficient. We were freezing and went through a ton of propane. We have a solid plastic underbelly so we can't check to see if the hoses are kinked or properly routed. I will be taking it back to the dealership to see if they can fix the issues.

Scott
          Welcome to the forum Scorey525. As mentioned earlier in this thread to another new member, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

You're correct in the diagnosis and locations. According to a drawing I'm looking at your 261BH's furnace is all the way aft, curb side of the camper.

The first vent is, as you documented, in the bathroom. It is a dedicated trunk line from the furnace. A second trunk line feeds the vent at the dinette and the vent in the bedroom.

So...I think you're spot on with your assessment. The dealer will find either a disconnected trunk line, plugged/crushed trunk line, or some combination.

The only other thing you might consider is replacing the bathroom vent with an adjustable vent. If it's a 4" circular something like the example below may help even out the furnace's output.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Vent.JPG Views:	6 Size:	139.7 KB ID:	35092
          Last edited by howson; 11-17-2020, 12:25 PM.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Same issue on my 2021 Transcend 260RB.Discovered during PDI. Dealer indicated that they have had to reconfigure / replace ducting on more than a dozen units recently.Hope they can fix.
            Nick & Dee Rabi
            2021 Transcend Xplor 260RB
            2020 Ram 2500 HD 6.4 Hemi
            Mooresville, NC

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Rabi View Post
              Same issue on my 2021 Transcend 260RB.Discovered during PDI. Dealer indicated that they have had to reconfigure / replace ducting on more than a dozen units recently.Hope they can fix.
              I hope you'll stop back and report what the dealer had to do.

Noted that was your first post--please check out Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Did anyone / everyone ever find a resolution to this. Picked mine up last week and am curious if I'll have the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper911 View Post
                  Did anyone / everyone ever find a resolution to this. Picked mine up last week and am curious if I'll have the same issues.
                  Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members when you get a chance.

I'm not quite sure what resolution there can be other than what's suggested in this thread. Given the way the furnace works, it's location and the subsequent length of the ducts, the outlets closest to the heater will put out more air / heat than outlets further away. The only way that I know of to adjust this is by adding dampers (as shown in post 5).

There have been quite a few cases of ducts coming loose, so diligently check the airflow from each outlet. Don't expect the volume to be the same from each, but there should be some airflow. If it's the first time firing up the heater, expect a strong odor from debris and such to permeate the camper. In fact, turn on the heater with the door open, the exhaust fan(s) on high and the windows open.

Again--welcome!

Howard

Comment

Howson, do you have access to the drawings / layout (261BH)? I would be interested in seeing how everything is run and be able to make a game plan prior to taking it all apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper911 View Post
                      Howson, do you have access to the drawings / layout (261BH)? I would be interested in seeing how everything is run and be able to make a game plan prior to taking it all apart.
                      I do...but not allowed to share per GD's direction. As an owner you can call and talk with Customer Service. With a VIN they'll do their best to match your specific trailer to a releasable drawing.

Sorry!

Comment

Howson, Thanks for the information!!

Comment

I was wondering if there were any updates on the 260RB. I purchased the dampening vents only to discover the ducting into the bedroom is 2" so the new cover wasn't used. I replaced the cover in the bathroom and basically closed it. There's still plenty of air movement there and now in the bedroom, I can actually feel warm air coming out.
                          John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
                          2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
                          ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
                          2017 Jayco 26BH
                          2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Working...
                          X