A/C Soft start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Soft start

The new GD trailer we picked up was already winterized etc and all we did was drive it home and park it for the winter. It's covered in snow now so I can't access the a/c unit. Does anybody know if a 2021 303RLS has a soft start installed on the a/c?
    TIA
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    The new GD trailer we picked up was already winterized etc and all we did was drive it home and park it for the winter. It's covered in snow now so I can't access the a/c unit. Does anybody know if a 2021 303RLS has a soft start installed on the a/c?
    TIA
    Did you get a Serial Number Data Sheet in your packet from the dealer upon delivery? If "yes", there's a specific model number and serial number for the a/c units installed. (If you can get that info figuring out an answer without "bugging" our hosts may be possible.)

Partial example below...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Data Sheet.JPG
Views:	780
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	36143
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the reply Howard,
      I do not remember seeing a sheet similar to that but I will look through the papers again. When I picked up the RV they told me it had a Coleman AC. I guess I could look at the coleman site to see if they come equipped with one or not if I don't have that data sheet.

The idea is I want to order a microair 364 and have it ready to install when the snow melts if my ac is not equipped with one.
      Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
        Thanks for the reply Howard,
        I do not remember seeing a sheet similar to that but I will look through the papers again. When I picked up the RV they told me it had a Coleman AC. I guess I could look at the coleman site to see if they come equipped with one or not if I don't have that data sheet.

The idea is I want to order a microair 364 and have it ready to install when the snow melts if my ac is not equipped with one.
        I doubt it has the MicroAir-specific component, but I've read somewhere that newer air conditioners have some type of similar setup. Whether the Coleman in your trailer has it or not...that's the question! I was hoping model number on your paperwork might give us a lead to track down.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have two AC units on my 29RS 2021. Don't think they have soft starts but I do have the info for each unit. First unit is Model:48204C869 SO# 200393720 REV B MACH 15 A/C 48000 SERIES Second one is MODEL45253-8792 SO# 200390515 REV A MACH10 13.5 A/C 45000 SERIES. My unit is in storage and non accessable at this time. Any help would be appreciated. Thinking about the size of generator to purchase for dry camping in the summer months. Need to weigh in the costs of the soft starts to the extra costs of a larger genset??

I sent a e-mail to Airxcel Hope for a reply?
          Last edited by Ed Pauly; 11-29-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Hi Ed
            I have been looking over the data sheets and it would appear the Mach 15's do not have a soft start feature. Your Mach 10 might though. There is the Mach 10 soft start series. Maybe you have one?

Comment

Ed Pauly
              I received a response from Airxcel. The mach 15's do not have soft start available from the factory. Some 10's do.

Comment

I haven't recieced a answer from Airxcel but thanks for the help

Comment

Does anyone know if the 2021 Solitude 390-RK has soft start in the AC

Comment

Originally posted by cstephenson View Post
                    Does anyone know if the 2021 Solitude 390-RK has soft start in the AC
                    It probably has a soft start capacitor as a part of the AC (assuming its a Coleman the year does not tell us as they have been using a lot of different brands) but it will not have a Easy Start, thats an aftermarket product that cuts the inrush to allow to run the generator on smaller inverters and generators.

Neil Citro
                    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hello, I have 2021 303rls it has a Coleman 15 had no Soft start installed and no second A/C. Since my purchase I have installed a second A/C in the bedroom Dometic 13k low profile with no Soft start either, when installing the second A/C unit I installed Soft starts on both units and they work Great. I can run both A/Cs on high with my Two Honda 2000s with no problem. Best purchase I have made.

Comment

Working...
                      X