2020 Transcend 221 RB LR heat vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Transcend 221 RB LR heat vent

This vent blows right under my t-stat , I have adjusted it to no avail causing my heater to short cycle and not heat up rest of trailer, has anyone fixed this or modified this heat vent. Thanks
    Mike Foster
    2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB

Originally posted by mesa View Post
    This vent blows right under my t-stat , I have adjusted it to no avail causing my heater to short cycle and not heat up rest of trailer, has anyone fixed this or modified this heat vent. Thanks
    Good morning, Mike.

Is it a 4" round vent? Unfortunately the heat plan is not a drawing I have for your trailer.

If it is a round 4" vent, consider replacing with a damper model like the one shown below. Available from multiple online retailers--this link is just for reference purposes: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/white...-p/46-8192.htm

If all the heat vents are 4" and replace all of them, you can "balance" the system to fine tune as desired. (Don't choke the furnace too much, though!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	damper.JPG
Views:	800
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	36306
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We had a very similar situation in our 2017 Reflection travel trailer. They mounted the thermostat on a wall that was right over the furnace itself. The wall would heat due to the furnace and then the thermostat would short cycle. I wound up moving the thermostat and insulating the wall. Can you post a photo that shows the thermostat and the vent. This may help us come up with a solution for you.

I'm going to tag a Grand Design representative to this thread so they can notify the factory of the issue and possibly come up with a fix for future builds.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have this same problem on my 2021 Imagine 2800BH. The vents is right across from the thermostat blowing air towards it. I am thinking about moving the vent but havent found a spot yet.
        2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn, CC SB 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          We had a very similar situation in our 2017 Reflection travel trailer. They mounted the thermostat on a wall that was right over the furnace itself. The wall would heat due to the furnace and then the thermostat would short cycle. I wound up moving the thermostat and insulating the wall. Can you post a photo that shows the thermostat and the vent. This may help us come up with a solution for you.

I'm going to tag a Grand Design representative to this thread so they can notify the factory of the issue and possibly come up with a fix for future builds.

Jim
          Thanks for the tag! I will look into this and get back with you.

Comment

We have a similar situation where the bedroom A/C will blow directly down onto the thermostat. We have to close that slide vent and turn the others away.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thanks all, ordered a damper vent and will see how that works.
              Mike Foster

Comment

Originally posted by mesa View Post
                Good morning! Our product manager was able to go out to the line and see the concern. On the next run, they are going to change the placement of the of the tstat to be located in the bedroom.

Please be advised, this is not a warrantable issue; this is a modification that be made and does not prevent camping safely. We would urge you to continue with the modification and keep us updated. This is why we love our owners, without your feedback, we would not be aware of this concern. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Brittany View Post

Good morning! Our product manager was able to go out to the line and see the concern. On the next run, they are going to change the placement of the of the tstat to be located in the bedroom.

Please be advised, this is not a warrantable issue; this is a modification that be made and does not prevent camping safely. We would urge you to continue with the modification and keep us updated. This is why we love our owners, without your feedback, we would not be aware of this concern. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
                  Awesome news!! Thanks
                  2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Awesome Brittany!

mesa
                    Mike - If the damper vent doesn't solve it, it looks like it might be pretty simple to move the thermostat from the living room to the bedroom. Take a look at the photo I'm attaching below. Is that the thermostat I have circled? If so, it appears that it would be pretty simple to drill a hole in the bedroom wall on the other side of the Tstat and simply reattach it. Then, patch the existing hole or put something decorative over it.

Name:	Transcend thermostat.JPG
Views:	793
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	36593
                    Jim and Ginnie
                    2024 Solitude 310GK
                    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                      Awesome Brittany!

mesa
                      Mike - If the damper vent doesn't solve it, it looks like it might be pretty simple to move the thermostat from the living room to the bedroom. Take a look at the photo I'm attaching below. Is that the thermostat I have circled? If so, it appears that it would be pretty simple to drill a hole in the bedroom wall on the other side of the Tstat and simply reattach it. Then, patch the existing hole or put something decorative over it.

Name:	Transcend thermostat.JPG
Views:	793
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	36593
                      Jim

I just tried this and without a damper vent in the from bedroom it doesn’t work for me. The problem is that the bedroom has a 4” vent a lot of the air comes out of that making the room hotter than the rest of the RV. I ordered the damper vent from Amazon. Lets see what happens.
                      2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Before we left on this trip I installed a damper vent and a air deflector from Lowes. I can tell you that my heating problem is fixed. I now have pretty event heating throughout the RV. I moved the thermostat back from the bedroom to the original position. The pictures below show what I did.
                        2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Giesis
                          Thanks for the follow up . . . that’s what makes this owners forum work!
                          Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Damper went in and seems to helping but of course while I was fooling around I noticed the duct work was installed with a 1 screw so clamped that down, then upon looking at the heater I noticed all kinds of gaps so tightened everything and the metal tape came out. Cannot believe the difference in amount of heat coming out the ductwork now. We don't use heat that much but now we are not wasting propane
                            Mike Foster

Comment

HI all, we have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB and may be a little late to this thread but we had noticed the unwarranted cycling in our heating as well as well as uneven heating. Hang in there as this is a rather long winded explanation. I am the curious sort and dug around until I found that the "ROOM PROBE" as labeled, for the tstat is located inside the a/c unit intake above the foam filter not in the tstat head. When I removed the filter and GENTLY pulled down the "PROBE" to about one inch inside the room below the filter the heating situation and temp. stability was greatly improved all over the unit. It is beyond me why the probe would be in the a/c/ inlet. When the outside temps are low there is very little air able to penetrate the foam filter as there is virtually no air movement in the unit. If you doubt this observation try this. Turn heat on and let it run for a while, observe the stat temp on wall, turn on FAN only function and circulate the air by way of a/c fan. Our indicated temp. rose from 55 to 80 degrees in a couple of minutes. A soon as the a/c fan was turned off the temp plummeted again. I sent email to GD 5 days ago and have not heard back which is a little frustrating not to receive even an acknowledgement. Hope this observation helps others.
                              flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Working...
                              X