run AC fan with furnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run AC fan with furnace

Has anyone modded their HVAC to have the AC fan run when the furnace is running? I am getting uneven heat in my rig, the bedroom is nearly ten degrees hotter than the main living area. Running the bedroom AC fan evens the heat out quite nicely. Also really hate the maxxair thermostats with having to press the single button repeatedly to get to the desired setting. I have a 2019 Reflection 320MKS
    Shawn and Chrissy
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Originally posted by dazcon5 View Post
    Running the bedroom AC fan evens the heat out quite nicely.
    Welcome to the forum, dazcon5. I suspect you've already read the Welcome Letter since you've already got a signature line (awesome!).

I do exactly what you've written but for the opposite reason--my bedroom is cooler than the rest of the trailer. I run the furnace off the living room controller and then have the fan running in the bedroom a/c which circulates hot air (since it rises) throughout the camper.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by dazcon5 View Post
      Has anyone modded their HVAC to have the AC fan run when the furnace is running? I am getting uneven heat in my rig, the bedroom is nearly ten degrees hotter than the main living area. Running the bedroom AC fan evens the heat out quite nicely. Also really hate the maxxair thermostats with having to press the single button repeatedly to get to the desired setting. I have a 2019 Reflection 320MKS
      Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with that thermostat. But on some models, if you change the fan setting to "lo" or "hi" instead of "auto", the AC fan will come on when you turn on the furnace.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We have the second air conditioner in our 303. The two units have individual thermostat controls. We can set the main one to “heat” and turn the front one to “fan”. The end result would be that the front system would circulate the warm furnace air through the racetrack ducts in the ceiling. We haven’t camped much where we’ve used the furnace, but I think that it should work just fine.
        Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
        Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
        2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
        Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
        Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Thanks for the tip Jim but on my model it doesn't give me that choice. Guess I'm looking for a replacement thermostat or cobbling together a bit of home automation.
          Shawn and Chrissy
          2019 Reflection 320MKS

Comment

It probably wouldn't take much to circulate the air from the bedroom back to the main cabin. A portable fan aimed at the doorway may do the trick.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
            X