Thermostat Not Accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racerx1699 View Post
    We have a 2021 Solitude 390RK. The thermostat in the back, kitchen area always reads about 10 degrees higher then the one in the bedroom. We woke up the other morning cold, the thermostat in the bedroom was 59 and the one in the kitchen which controls the heat was 71. We had the heat set to come on at 66 but since the thermostat said 71 it would not turn on heat. It was 39 outside. Today I used an infrared head gun and the wall next to the thermostat is 76, which matches a thermometer I put on the counter below the thermostat, but the thermostat reads 84. Can the thermostat be reset/calibrated or is there anything I can look at?
    My thermostat is ALWAYS accurate! When the DW says it is cold it's cold, when she says it's warm it's warm. No discussion.

I did notice one thing on our last trip. Obviously not your problem due to your location. The sun was coming right through the door window and hitting the thermostat falsely warming it up.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

racerx1699 I'm sorry that I wasn't correct in parts of my earlier replies. I wasn't aware that they had moved that thermostat to beside the fan control. Ours is located as shown in post #3. howson Speaking of that fan control, that needs to be moved also. When I open that cabinet and the fan is running, if the door hits the switch and turns the fan off and if the stove vent fan is on you may not realize it until the timer next to the bathroom starts beeping and scares the dogs.
      DepotsNutz Welcome to the Family and the forum! For both I would suggest hitting the panel with an IR thermometer and see what it shows.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by racerx1699 View Post
        We have a 2021 Solitude 390RK. The thermostat in the back, kitchen area always reads about 10 degrees higher then the one in the bedroom. We woke up the other morning cold, the thermostat in the bedroom was 59 and the one in the kitchen which controls the heat was 71. We had the heat set to come on at 66 but since the thermostat said 71 it would not turn on heat. It was 39 outside. Today I used an infrared head gun and the wall next to the thermostat is 76, which matches a thermometer I put on the counter below the thermostat, but the thermostat reads 84. Can the thermostat be reset/calibrated or is there anything I can look at?
        I think it’s important that we know if you have the 3rd (optional) AC installed in your 390RK.
        Larry Flying Solo - Jax Bch, FL
        2022 Solitude 390RK - Full Time
        RAM Laramie CC LB 3500 DRW H/O Cummins

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

First--noted this was your first post so when you get a moment check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

None of the GD drawings show a thermostat in the kitchen. I finally found a reference in a walk-through (2020) video.

Click image for larger version Name:	thermostat.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	39036

The second thermostat in the bedroom is in a similar location as in my 315RLTS (just inside the door, to the left):

Click image for larger version Name:	second therm.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	39037

Even with the temp difference on the thermostat there still is the issue of a colder bedroom than the living area (I have the same issue in my 315RLTS). A couple of strategies:

1) Have a small fan blowing from the living area into the bedroom area.

2) Run the bedroom a/c on FAN LO. I've replaced all of my ceiling vents with ones that I can close, the only vents in the ceiling that are open are in the living area. This may seem counter-intuitive, but what I'm doing is sucking in cold bedroom air and depositing it in the living area. This evens out the temperature in the trailer and gets the furnace to turn on sooner.

3) Run a small supplemental electric heater in the bedroom.

Finally, since you can prove the thermostat is reading falsely and your trailer is new, contact your dealer and inquire about getting a replacement. If they won't help you can contact GD Customer Service. They might ship one directly to you to swap yourself.

Please follow up with the resolution.

Howard
          My research shows a kitchen thermostat in the 390RK going back to 2020 at least (mine is a 2022). Your photo shows a thermostat in the living area which I believe in my unit is the 3rd AC option with a heat pump.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
            racerx1699 I'm sorry that I wasn't correct in parts of my earlier replies. I wasn't aware that they had moved that thermostat to beside the fan control. Ours is located as shown in post #3. howson Speaking of that fan control, that needs to be moved also. When I open that cabinet and the fan is running, if the door hits the switch and turns the fan off and if the stove vent fan is on you may not realize it until the timer next to the bathroom starts beeping and scares the dogs.
            DepotsNutz Welcome to the Family and the forum! For both I would suggest hitting the panel with an IR thermometer and see what it shows.
            Thanks, and good suggestion. I don’t have an IR Thermometer but I can feel that panel is significantly warmer in the thermostat area. My screenshot reveals the difference though in the thermostat’s temperature and a thermometer’s temp right below it, An 11° difference I believe

Comment

Originally posted by DepotsNutz View Post

My research shows a kitchen thermostat in the 390RK going back to 2020 at least (mine is a 2022). Your photo shows a thermostat in the living area which I believe in my unit is the 3rd AC option with a heat pump.
              Ours was built mid 2019 and has the standard two A/Cs
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
              X