Keeping all drain tanks at room temperature in sub freezing temperatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping all drain tanks at room temperature in sub freezing temperatures

I fully intend to purchase an xls17mke Imagine. I have seen many videos on YouTube and I have a Ford F-150 with suspension enhancement. But I would like to know about heated liquid drain pipes and tanks that are kept at room temperature. Are they special order, standard or aftermarket? If none of the above what kind of modification? Would it weigh my F-150 down too much?
    Last edited by Country Campers; 01-01-2021, 02:05 PM. Reason: Edited for font size.

I'm not sure why you would want or need to keep them at room temperature. As long as they are kept above freezing you wouldn't have any issues.
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by Rward3691 View Post
      I would like to know about heated liquid drain pipes and tanks that are kept at room temperature.
      Your question is unclear to me. I do not know of any heated drain pipes. I know most drain pipes are in heated space inside the RV. Holding tanks often have heating pads that you can turn on.

The concern with pulling with a F150, xls17mke Imagine spec sheet says GVWR is around 6400 lbs. Most years F150 is rated to pull that, but without specific pickup information can't tell for sure.

2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
      2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
      E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
      Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

In addition to what others have said, the Imagine line has an enclosed underbelly (where plumbing and tanks are) - but it is not well insulated. The imagine also lacks tank heaters. Under these circumstances, the main propane furnace must be used as it is ducted to the underbelly to keep things from freezing down there.

Can you tell us what all the weight ratings are (GVWR, GCVWR, front and rear axle ratings, payload, etc.) from the door sticker on your truck?

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
        X