Furnace Air Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace Air Problem

2020 Momentum 25G. First time out. Furnace 90 percent of all heat goes to bathroom. 5 percent to bedroom and remainder to main living area. It’s 44 degrees tonight and the only place to stay warm is on the bathroom!! Air pressure and heat behind toilet burns feet off, yet can’t sit to watch TV in the living area!! Just another issue. I imagine when I take back to dealer they will say that’s how it was designed! “That’s the winter/ cold weather package in action”! It will take them 2 months to fix all else as well. I will keep posting

Originally posted by Carnerdm View Post
    2020 Momentum 25G. First time out. Furnace 90 percent of all heat goes to bathroom. 5 percent to bedroom and remainder to main living area. It’s 44 degrees tonight and the only place to stay warm is on the bathroom!! Air pressure and heat behind toilet burns feet off, yet can’t sit to watch TV in the living area!! Just another issue. I imagine when I take back to dealer they will say that’s how it was designed! “That’s the winter/ cold weather package in action”! It will take them 2 months to fix all else as well. I will keep posting
    Carnerdm--I moved your post to the HVAC channel.

Are you looking for input on how to possibly tackle the repair yourself? If you are not satisfied with your dealer, consider contacting Grand Design's Customer Service.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Howard thanks for reply....I suppose I want to know how it will be fixed. I don’t want to do it. I just paid for this thing and 45 items are broken or poor quality workmanship. The bedroom air is Luke warm...bathroom too hot to hold hand near duct...living room like warm barely blowing. It’s 44 at night here in central Oregon tonight and I can’t get the trailer comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Carnerdm View Post
        Hi Howard thanks for reply....I suppose I want to know how it will be fixed. I don’t want to do it. I just paid for this thing and 45 items are broken or poor quality workmanship. The bedroom air is Luke warm...bathroom too hot to hold hand near duct...living room like warm barely blowing. It’s 44 at night here in central Oregon tonight and I can’t get the trailer comfortable
        What you (or the dealer) will find is either (or a combination of) torn ducts, ducts that are disconnected from the heater or wall connection (one or more is lying loose under the floor), or debris is blocking the outlets. I had the last one in the kitchen island outlet. The flashing was not taped down so when air blew it pushed the flashing up effectively blocking the entire outlet. Thankfully I caught this on the PDI and it was fixed before I left the dealer's lot.

I completely understand why you'd want the dealer to fix the issues. The recommendation to call Grand Design's Customer Service, though, still stands--get them involved early in the process. 574-825-9679
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X