secondary A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• secondary A/C

Thinking about adding a second A/C to my 2020 Imagine 2670mk. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by philwa55 View Post
    Thinking about adding a second A/C to my 2020 Imagine 2670mk. Any suggestions?
    I don't have the drawings with me at work, but from GD's website on your unit (under electrical): 50 Amp Service Wired and Framed for 2nd AC (2610ML, 2670MK, 2800BH, 2910BH, 2970RL, 3100RD, 3110BH, and 3250BH only)

Should be a easy install--all the wiring is there. Toughest part will be hoisting the unit up on the roof. If you hire an RV mechanic they should be able to do the install without much fuss.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm looking at the drawings for your unit and Howard is right. It's 100% set up for dual air conditioning, including "race track" ducting and pre-wiring. I'll bet if you look behind the bedroom light switch, you'll probably find the thermostat wiring coiled up.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I think your biggest problem will be finding the AC unit and related parts. The Covid related shutdowns in the supply chain has delayed my 2nd AC install until later this year. Good lunch with your pursuit.
        John & Cindy
        2019 303 RLS
        2018 F250

Comment

Originally posted by Johnww View Post
          I think your biggest problem will be finding the AC unit and related parts. The Covid related shutdowns in the supply chain has delayed my 2nd AC install until later this year. Good lunch with your pursuit.
          Not sure which one you are looking for, but I purchased mine from rvupgradestore. Install was pretty straightforward, as Howard said I think the hardest part was getting it up to the roof.

They have a ton in stock right now, 13 of the Coleman mach 15 in white:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Colem...-p/21-1324.htm
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the update regarding RV upgrade store. I'll check these guys out.
            John & Cindy
            2019 303 RLS
            2018 F250

Comment

Originally posted by Johnww View Post
              Thanks for the update regarding RV upgrade store. I'll check these guys out.
              No problem they were great to work with. The carrier actually damaged my AC unit, they advance shipped me a new one before they got the old one picked up and returned so I could finish my install. I can't say enough good things about working with them.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
              X