2014 momentum 385TH 3rd AC above garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 momentum 385TH 3rd AC above garage

Just brought a 385TH and I was planning on putting a 3rd AC unit above the garage. What size Dometic unit should I install above the garage?
    This 385 does have the wiring in place already under the bezel for the Maxxfan.
    Should this be plug and play?
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2017 F350 Dually

Originally posted by Outriding View Post
    Just brought a 385TH and I was planning on putting a 3rd AC unit above the garage. What size Dometic unit should I install above the garage?
    This 385 does have the wiring in place already under the bezel for the Maxxfan.
    Should this be plug and play?
    Wow--a '14! That's a "legacy" model.

Since the wiring is there (both 120vAC and the thermostat wiring?) I'd think it would be easy enough to install. Either a 13.5K or 15K should work fine, the only concern is the height. I am not familiar with the 385TH, so if a standard unit causes the unit to exceed the allowable maximum limit look into the versions that aren't as tall (the Airxcel Coleman versions are called "Low Profile" and "Ultra Low Profile"). https://www.airxcel.com/rv/coleman-m...oduct-selector

Also--noted that was your first post so check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome! Congrats on your 385TH!
      The AC unit in my 385TH garage is the 13.5K. I would think the 15K would be fine also but consider power draw when running more than 1 unit on Generator.
      Curios if your unit has the Energy Management System installed since it only came with 2 AC units. If not, you will have to work at managing your Amp draw while running multiple AC units.
      Jim (& Sharon)
      2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
      2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
      The toys:
      2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
      2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Howson, thanks for the info. I’ll check out the links. I really appreciate the response. I hope “legacy is a good thing. We will be full timing in it starting in June.
        2017 F350 Dually

Comment

JCR JD, thanks for the reply. The unit does have the energy management system. I’m very glad it does.
          2017 F350 Dually

Comment

Working...
          X