Only one a/c vent in ceiling in bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one a/c vent in ceiling in bedroom

I have a 2019 2500RL GD Imagine and have noticed there is only one a/c vent ducted to the bedroom. When it is hot outside, the bedroom never really cools down even though there is flow coming out of vent. My question is, why would they only duct one vent in bedroom for a/c. One is ok for the bathroom but not the bedroom.
    Since my unit is only 30amp wired, adding another unit in bedroom vent is not possible.
    Any suggestions??

There are a few things you can do to verify you're getting the best air flow.

If you have a dump valve on the main register, close it.

If you have any outlets that can be closed, such as in the bathroom, close them.

Try to remove the outlet in the bedroom and check inside the duct work to make sure there are no obstructions.

Make sure your filter is clean.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by pepper View Post
      I have a 2019 2500RL GD Imagine and have noticed there is only one a/c vent ducted to the bedroom. When it is hot outside, the bedroom never really cools down even though there is flow coming out of vent. My question is, why would they only duct one vent in bedroom for a/c. One is ok for the bathroom but not the bedroom.
      Since my unit is only 30amp wired, adding another unit in bedroom vent is not possible.
      Any suggestions??
      Check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ng-maintenance

or

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-this-may-help
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I've ran into one problem where my AC was short cycling. Since the thermostat is in the bedroom, I found that the single vent was pointing in the general direction of the thermostat which had a significant negative impact on how the system operated. Pointing the vent in a general direction away from the thermostat improved the performance significantly. Not sure this will help, but its worth a look.

Comment

thanks all for the feed back, have checked all the above and will try re-directing the air floe away from the thermostat since yes, it is in the bedroom and that may be causing the short cycle issue causing unit not cool.
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X