Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric vs Propane Balance (Underbelly Thermostat?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric vs Propane Balance (Underbelly Thermostat?)

I have a 2015 grand design solitude 379FL
    Its about 20 degrees F out right now but am toasty inside.

Using a small ceramic heater in the bedroom and the front electric fireplace our furnace is running minimally.
    This is allowing us to use very little propane which is great.

My question is. If its 65 inside without any real use of the furnace should we turn off our electric heaters to allow the furnace to run more to keep the underbelly warm?
    Is there a "basement" thermostat that will tell the furnace hey its too cold down here and you need to turn on?

Thanks anyone who can help. I have read the manual but there is no mention.

There is no basement thermostat. Running the furnace will be the only heat generated to keep the tanks an plumbing from freezing. In the case that you may have tank heaters this would help.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Rob,

Cate&Rob has a nice solution to this where he uses an electric vehicle heater in the underbelly. Rob and I have been in plenty of cold boxes testing cars with these devices to help take the chill off.

Jim

Comment

wbryant403

See post 6 of this thread on how to electrically heat the underbelly. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...nk-heater-amps Not particularly difficult, but takes some testing to get the temperature balance correct.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

wbryant403 Welcome to the family and the forum! I see that this is your first post and unfortunately it was for a problem. When you have time, the moderators have put together a welcome letter to help newcomers navigate the forum and get the most from it. Here is the link to the letter. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X