Running furnace with slide in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running furnace with slide in

As the title says, I want to run the furnace for the sake of the underbelly during the upcoming deep freeze if it becomes necessary. Is this OK? I will set the thermostat low, probably 45 or 50. I normally run a small electric heater for cooler weather with the cabinet doors open when not too cold and it does fine. I do not winterize as we are still making trips. I do have everything drained and will blow air in the waterlines today.

Thanks for your input.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

BillinTexas

The furnace intake and outlets are "usually" positioned so that they are not blocked when the slides are in. This is the case on my Reflection 303RLS and I have run the furnace with slides in with no problems. I would suggest that you check carefully to make sure that this is also true for your Transcend, before doing this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob , thank you. Nothing is blocked so I should be good.
      Bill & Cindy
      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
      SE Texas

Comment

BillinTexas I have done this with my 297RSTS as none of my vents are covered by the slide and the cold air return is open with the slides in as well. As Cate&Rob stated as long as nothing is covered you are good to go.

Another Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Thank you, other Rob. They say we have cold coming that we aren't use to here. I want to take every precaution.
          Bill & Cindy
          2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
          SE Texas

Comment

BillinTexas We are having record cold here in the Great White North too. Coldest in 100 years. Have lots of firewood and the trailer is resting comfortably all winterized just waiting for the warmer weather again.

Rob
            Rob & Barb
            2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
            2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
            X