No announcement yet.

2021 265BH propane heater & thermostat problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All, I have spent countless hours researching this and have learned a lot about the Furrion system in the process. The simple answer is, in the current configuration that GD has opted to use, the furnace will run almost indefinitely when not on shore power because the room sensor is located inside the AC plenum. It looks like a pretty big oversight from GD when approving this setup given many of the Imagine/Transcend owners boondocks almost as much or more than they camp with shore power available.

I have put together some options on how to circumvent this issue on another thread post #33: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...eat-vent/page3

However, I would prefer that GD does the right thing and acknowledges this huge oversight and provides a solution that will be covered under warranty.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
    USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post
      All, I have spent countless hours researching this and have learned a lot about the Furrion system in the process. The simple answer is, in the current configuration that GD has opted to use, the furnace will run almost indefinitely when not on shore power because the room sensor is located inside the AC plenum. It looks like a pretty big oversight from GD when approving this setup given many of the Imagine/Transcend owners boondocks almost as much or more than they camp with shore power available.

I have put together some options on how to circumvent this issue on another thread post #33: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...eat-vent/page3

However, I would prefer that GD does the right thing and acknowledges this huge oversight and provides a solution that will be covered under warranty.
      GD is aware of this , the Moderators have been in contact with them to try and reach a solution with current and new owners. Thanks for your input , we are trying.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Checking in in hope of getting on the GD contact list when they get this resolved. I already contacted them after our first night in the trailer with the furnace going nuts trying to run with the fan on L instead of A. 2021 2600RB, Furrion AC.
        Last edited by dbphillips; 04-02-2021, 08:56 AM.
        2021 Imagine 2600RB
        2022 Duramax Tahoe RST 4WD with tow (because 2017 GLS450 burned our garage down)

Comment

Originally posted by dbphillips View Post
          Checking in in hope of getting on the GD contact list when they get this resolved. I already contracted them after our first night in the trailer with the furnace going nuts trying to run with the fan on L instead of A. 2021 2600RB, Furrion AC.
          Do you get a issue number (or whatever they call them) assigned by Grand Design Customer Service for your unit when you called? If not, call back again and get that number and also ask for an update--I know (as Brian stated) that they are working on the issue.

Howard

P.S. Please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by dbphillips View Post
            Checking in in hope of getting on the GD contact list when they get this resolved. I already contracted them after our first night in the trailer with the furnace going nuts trying to run with the fan on L instead of A. 2021 2600RB, Furrion AC.
            Yes, they are currently working on this issue. I would do what Howard recommended and give customer support a call if you have this issue. Thank you!

Comment

I purchased a 2400BH in September and it has the Furion AC system. After one weekend in the mountains I realized the issue with the Furion system and then found this thread (really helpful). I did what suggested in this thread and I opened a case with Grand Design regarding the temperature probe and the heater. They told me to take it to the dealer, which is where the trailer is now. The dealer told me two things. 1. That there is a probe relocation kit made by Furion and which Furion will provide, but that I had to pay for the install as it wasn't covered under my warranty and 2. That installing the probe relocation kit will void the warranty on the AC.

That didn't sound right to me and I called Grand Design and spoke with a very helpful customer service agent. The bottom line is that Grand Design was great, they're sending me the probe relocation kit, and I'll still have a warranty. Sounds like I'll have to take my rig to a different dealer in the future.
              Last edited by adamcbaca; 11-18-2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Hello, I have a Transcend 265BH built 4/2022 with a Furrion A/C and T-stat. Is this still how it's configured, so there still is an issue? Do I need to get a relocate kit from GD customer service before it gets cold?
                Eric and Erica
                2022 Transcend 265BH
                2020 Ford F-150 3.5L

Comment

Originally posted by starrbrew View Post
                  Hello, I have a Transcend 265BH built 4/2022 with a Furrion A/C and T-stat. Is this still how it's configured, so there still is an issue? Do I need to get a relocate kit from GD customer service before it gets cold?
                  I would contact GD Customer Service with your VIN and ask. They did make a change but I am not sure when.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

I would contact GD Customer Service with your VIN and ask. They did make a change but I am not sure when.

Brian
                    Reply from GD Customer Service:

Thank you for contacting Grand Design customer support.
                    I double checked the appliance sheet for your trailer, and you do not have the Furrion air conditioner model that was affected by the short-cycling issue the updated thermostat and control box are intended to fix.
                    You should not have trouble come colder weather!
                    Eric and Erica
                    2022 Transcend 265BH
                    2020 Ford F-150 3.5L

Comment

Originally posted by starrbrew View Post

Reply from GD Customer Service:

Thank you for contacting Grand Design customer support.
                      I double checked the appliance sheet for your trailer, and you do not have the Furrion air conditioner model that was affected by the short-cycling issue the updated thermostat and control box are intended to fix.
                      You should not have trouble come colder weather!
                      If you check the thermostat on the wall there may be a small wire tip that sticks out of the bottom, this I believe is the new type. Let us know if you have this, a pic would be great, or if you see something similar.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                      X