X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suburban SFV-35Q Furnace Wiring

2020 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS
    Suburban SFV-35Q Furnace Wiring
    Does anybody know where the four wires go? We know red and yellow are ground and power. But what about the two blue ones? One blue is for thermostat but don't know where to hook up and which one is for the thermostat. Where they connect to in the trailer? If anyone could take a picture of theirs to show us that would be much appreciated. We had to take the furnace out and have a part fixed, now trying to put back in and there's no proper instructions in the manual for the wiring.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Originally posted by Ram_man79 View Post
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS
    Suburban SFV-35Q Furnace Wiring
    Does anybody know where the four wires go? We know red and yellow are ground and power. But what about the two blue ones? One blue is for thermostat but don't know where to hook up and which one is for the thermostat. Where they connect to in the trailer? If anyone could take a picture of theirs to show us that would be much appreciated. We had to take the furnace out and have a part fixed, now trying to put back in and there's no proper instructions in the manual for the wiring.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    There was an issue with another furnace where three videos were taken. Unfortunately I don't think any of them show the detail you're needing. The post is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...0398#post40398
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The blue wire goes to the sail switch (and ultimately the module board). The BL/WH goes to Thermostat power. With 12v on the red wire it should also be on the BL/WH wire as they are tied together at the Module board.

Does that make sense?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sail switch.JPG
Views:	5982
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	44815
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thank you for your response, however, i need to know where they connect to the trailer side. Rhe wires were cut by my neighbour, then sent in to be repaired, now it is back with a red, yellow, blue, and blue with white stripe coming off furnace. We now nee to know which of the blue wires connect and where on the trailer side.

Comment

Thank you for your response, however, i need to know where they connect to the trailer side. Rhe wires were cut by my neighbour, then sent in to be repaired, now it is back with a red, yellow, blue, and blue with white stripe coming off furnace. We now nee to know which of the blue wires connect and where on the trailer side.
          The colors used are not neccissarily standard. I would recommend you check with a meter and try to figure out where they go. If I had to guess both the blue wires will go to the thermostat, and if so it should not matter which is which. The thermostat shorts them to run the heat, or opens them to shut it off. Depending on your rig and setup they may go to a control board in the AC unit rather than to the thermostat itself (that is how my Dometic is run). I would start by pulling the thermostat and seeing what wires are there for the furnace. If there are only three wires, then go up into the AC control board and see if you see them there.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

What model thermostat? If you take it off the wall there's a model # on the rear of the unit. Showing the existing wiring may help, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thermostat.JPG
Views:	2297
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	44861

Please read the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members when you get a chance. It will help with understanding how to quote, tag, and other forum norms. (Thank you!)

Comment

@JohnD's photo:
              Suburban Furnace - Thermostat Wiring Question https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...iring-question
              Gene and Kim
              2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
              2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

This is from my Imagine 2800BH.

Comment

Working...
                X