Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace blowing cold air

Hey all....New to the group.

Have a 2020 Grand Design Momentum 395. Furnace was working yesterday and we moved from one spot to another. I had shut off the propane during travel and when we set up in our new spot, once the temp went down, no heat. Checked the valves, open. Checked the tank switch, was pointed to drivers side. Primary tank was empty, secondary tank at about 1/2 full.

I looked at some other posts in here, tried tried some of the suggestions but no luck. It was 10:00 at night so talking to anyone was out of the question. We bundled up for the night and tougher it out. Filled both tanks this morning tried again, same result.

Did reset the Lippert control pad just to try, nope.
    ​​​​
    Stove works just fine, just can't get th furnace to engage. I am no expert on HVAC systems but am pretty handy.

Any suggestions would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Welcome.

Does the furnace do anything when you turn it on , clicking sound , gas sound , etc? Stand beside the furnace and have someone turn it on.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Welcome.

Does the furnace do anything when you turn it on , clicking sound , gas sound , etc? Stand beside the furnace and have someone turn it on.

Brian
      Should have mentioned that. I turn the furnace off, wait about 30 seconds, then turn it back on. It comes in and when I go outside by the furnance, it's exhausting hot air. But inside, cool air. And the thermostat, after the furnace shuts off, reads the setting ( we have it at 72) stays at the setting but never turns back on.

Comment

So if it blowing hot air out the exhaust that means the blower is running. One blower feeds air to both the combustion chamber and hot air inside the coach to satisfy the thermostat. I am confused as to why you would have hot air exhaust and cool air coming into the coach. Have you checked the back side of the furnace to see if any of the duct work has become loose or unattached since your move?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I did...And every thing looked secure. No duct work had come loose.

Comment

Originally posted by MapleValleyJim View Post

it's exhausting hot air. But inside, cool air.
            I don’t think there is any way for this to happen. It’s the same blower for both air streams. Perhaps it is just taking a while to warm up the interior ductwork before the air feels warm?

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

I don’t think there is any way for this to happen. It’s the same blower for both air streams. Perhaps it is just taking a while to warm up the interior ductwork before the air feels warm?

Rob
              Yes this was my thinking too, unless the ducts had all fallen off which would be unlikely and he checked. The only other thing is if it’s lighting, running for a bit and after he checks it, it’s tripping the over temp and shutting off. In that case if you go back outside after a bit the air should be blowing cold outside correct?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Yes this was my thinking too, unless the ducts had all fallen off which would be unlikely and he checked. The only other thing is if it’s lighting, running for a bit and after he checks it, it’s tripping the over temp and shutting off. In that case if you go back outside after a bit the air should be blowing cold outside correct?
                If the interior ductwork became disconnected, there should be no air flow . . . not cold air flow. I agree that this may be a timing issue between checking interior air and exterior exhaust temps.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X