Adding second AC/Heat Pump unit to 2019- 297RSTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding second AC/Heat Pump unit to 2019- 297RSTS

Just had to buy the Coleman Mach 10 heat pump advertised locally... less than a year old, matching black cover, and the price was silly good..
    So now for the install. Anybody happen to know if my coach is pre wired at the bedroom fan for an AC? Integrate into the race trac?
    Thanks in advance for any info!
    Clive.
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS Vin # 573TR3424K3319511
    2020 Sierra HD AT-4

It should be easy to tell, just drop shroud around the skylight (four screws) and take a look. If it is then you should have a yellow romex for power, a two conductor 12v wire, and a thermostat wire. You should also see two holes going to the sides that are probably covered in foil tape for the racetrack duct work.

You’ll need the correct inside cover for the AC unit to use the ducts, and the correct control box and thermostat if it’s configured for ceiling controls. I did my own Coleman heat pump install and it took me longer to figure out the parts I needed than to do the actual install.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks Neil... I will pull the shroud and have a look tomorrow.
      2020 Sierra HD AT-4

Comment

Originally posted by Farklepilot View Post
        Just had to buy the Coleman Mach 10 heat pump advertised locally... less than a year old, matching black cover, and the price was silly good..
        So now for the install. Anybody happen to know if my coach is pre wired at the bedroom fan for an AC? Integrate into the race trac?
        Thanks in advance for any info!
        Clive.
        I pulled the shroud on mine and just to do a leak check and the ducting is there tapped up. I think it is also pre-wired so it should be a straight forward installation.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Great news! Thanks Rob.
          2020 Sierra HD AT-4

Comment

Like Caliber said, this is what you will see. I added a second ac last summer. Fairly straight forward. I did have a couple issues I had to ask help for. My thread is in here somewhere.
            Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
            2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
            2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Working...
            X