RV Airflow Now GD OEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Airflow Now GD OEM?

Hi All. Came across something interesting yesterday on All About RV's youtube channel. Apparently GD is now installing the RV Airflow system standard on some(?) models... this was a surprise to him (in that he didn't know he had it until he looked). FYI he has a new Reflection 28BH.

Any others with new units found this as well?

Specifically thinking of you Jlawles2 (fellow new 303 owner)? Mine is in storage so can't check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etu4qQ-BROU

Some other interesting tidbits from him as well.

Ken

Ken & Sandra
    2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

KSC_Travels My front AC unit uses the duct lead in plastic guides. I did do a few mods to the front AC b/c the divider sucked. I used the current divider and a piece of Pink Foam to make a new divider and 10'+ of aluminum tape to ensure a proper seal between the compartments. The Rear AC does have some thing different and I am thinking it may be the Airflow. When I pulled the filters and could see that there was something in there different from the front and did not need the mod shown by a lot of people. The Airflow does eliminate the dump vents on the cover.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2
      Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      KSC_Travels My front AC unit uses the duct lead in plastic guides. I did do a few mods to the front AC b/c the divider sucked. I used the current divider and a piece of Pink Foam to make a new divider and 10'+ of aluminum tape to ensure a proper seal between the compartments. The Rear AC does have some thing different and I am thinking it may be the Airflow. When I pulled the filters and could see that there was something in there different from the front and did not need the mod shown by a lot of people. The Airflow does eliminate the dump vents on the cover.

Cool (pun intended ). The RV Airflow has really strong reviews so here's hoping it's in there! Thanks for the reply!
      Ken & Sandra

Comment

KSC_Travels I just checked, the rear does have the Airflow. Like I mentioned, it does eliminate the dumps though. I'll post pics of the mod I did on the front one from inside the intake to show the baffle I did to help with cross flow between the dividers. I'm not going to pull the covers back off at this time to show the feet of AL tape I used to seal the whole compartment on the cold side. I will say that I spent a lot of time in the cold side just sealing the unit around the flex seal b/c it was just not good enough.
        Joseph
        Tow
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by KSC_Travels View Post
          Hi All. Came across something interesting yesterday on All About RV's youtube channel. Apparently GD is now installing the RV Airflow system standard on some(?) models... this was a surprise to him (in that he didn't know he had it until he looked). FYI he has a new Reflection 28BH.

Any others with new units found this as well?

Specifically thinking of you Jlawles2 (fellow new 303 owner)? Mine is in storage so can't check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etu4qQ-BROU

Some other interesting tidbits from him as well.

Ken
          Our 2021 Imagine 2970RL built in June/July 2020 came with the RV Airflow in both AC units.
          Mike & Lisa
          Central Florida
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

My 2021 278BH came with the RV Airflow installed.
            2021 Reflection 278BH
            2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

As promised. Here is a pic of how I put the pink foam in to help segment the areas. I missed the divider and thought about adding another layer of pink foam, but that one was pushing the limit of where i could get it to, so i put the original divider back in and with the extra foil tape used on the pink foam it should be sealed a lot better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210321_182551280.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	46945
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2 That is exactly (well more or less) the "mod" that I was thinking I was going to need to do - or to order and install the RV Airflow system. We did not have the second (front) A/C added so will rely on just the main - meaning we will need maximum performance out of that one. Now that it seems GD is shipping with the RV Airflow (thanks OurNewEra and Todd_P for confirming) I hopefully won't need to do this. A nice surprise from GD and to quote Forrest Gump... "one less thing". Cheers!
                Ken & Sandra

Comment

KSC_Travels I found one of the elastic string hang tags. when looking for something else that said RV AIRFLOW. So I guess they started making them a standard.

Being that we are in texas, second AC is almost mandatory.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

My 2021 2670MK came with the Airflow installed.

Comment

My 2021 397th did not come with them. I wonder if its only certain lines doing it
                      2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn CC,LB, DRW

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnErtha View Post
                        My 2021 397th did not come with them. I wonder if its only certain lines doing it
                        What air conditioner is installed in your rig? If it's not a Coleman Airxcel, then there probably wasn't an Airflow module available for the units in your rig.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Colman Mach in my unit. None of the 3 have them
                          2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn CC,LB, DRW

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnErtha View Post
                            Colman Mach in my unit. None of the 3 have them
                            I suggest giving GD Customer Service a call. They will probably send you one (or maybe two?) if you're willing to install them yourself.
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Could someone with the factory installed RV Airflow post a pic of what it looks like. My 2400BH was built in 9/2020 but I havent pulled the cover off the unit. The other day it seemed like the dumps weren't working so I was thinking this may be the case.
                              2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
                              2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

Working...
                              X