No announcement yet.

RV Airflow Now GD OEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GrandDeal3 I don't have a picture of it installed, but I can tell you that when you pull the filter on the unit, you will see a piece of white foam (looks like a white Styrofoam cup).

I need to go in the unit this evening and will try to get a pic of the installed one, and the front one so you can see the difference. I would say since the dumps are not working, its probably installed.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by GrandDeal3 View Post
      Could someone with the factory installed RV Airflow post a pic of what it looks like. My 2400BH was built in 9/2020 but I havent pulled the cover off the unit. The other day it seemed like the dumps weren't working so I was thinking this may be the case.
      If the dump doesn't work and you have a Coleman (Airxcel) a/c, then there's a Airflow installed.

The factory installation won't look significantly different (if at all) from my self-install. Lots of pics, and the linked video shows good views, too.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If the dump doesn't work and you have a Coleman (Airxcel) a/c, then there's a Airflow installed.

The factory installation won't look significantly different (if at all) from my self-install. Lots of pics, and the linked video shows good views, too.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts
        Thanks. I need to run by the storage place on way home so Ill check it out. I was considering upgrading to the RV Airflow but noticed on their site units built after 6/2020 had it factory. Wife doesn't like being hot haha
        2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
        2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnErtha View Post
          My 2021 397th did not come with them. I wonder if its only certain lines doing it
          My 2021 397TH (production date June 2020) did not come with them either on any of the 3 Coleman units. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtbiker70x View Post
            My 2021 397TH (production date June 2020) did not come with them either on any of the 3 Coleman units. :(
            GD started installing the Airflows in Momentums starting with a VIN higher than yours (your VIN is much earlier than when they started adding the Airflow module). I just peaked at your VIN in your profile. I'm not sure I have permission to post the exact VIN when GD started, so you'll have to take my word for it or call GD Customer Service for confirmation.

This is not unusual situation--there are many updates to later 2019 315RLTS' that I don't have in my "2019" (which is actually a late 2018).

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I don't have the RV Air Flow system installed on my Mach 10 and Mach 15 air conditioners. Obviously GD thinks it's worth installing them on some models of their RV's. Are they really worth the $170 a piece for the upgrade or is it just something that's nice to have. Like it would be nice to have Max Air covers but I don't have those either. Maybe more important for those people that are in the South and Southwest and less important for those of us in the Northeast?
              2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax 3310LB Payload
              2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Comment

Originally posted by RobWNY View Post
                I don't have the RV Air Flow system installed on my Mach 10 and Mach 15 air conditioners. Obviously GD thinks it's worth installing them on some models of their RV's. Are they really worth the $170 a piece for the upgrade or is it just something that's nice to have. Like it would be nice to have Max Air covers but I don't have those either. Maybe more important for those people that are in the South and Southwest and less important for those of us in the Northeast?
                Seal up all the gaps in the ducts and you'll probably be good, Rob. Look at my install thread and you'll see what I mean, or better yet Chad's video (Changing Lanes) where he talks about AC maintenance.

I lived north of Utica for many years, so well familiar with the weather in your neck of the woods. Come to Florida (or Texas) in the summer and you'll understand how ANY gain in cooling is a bonus well worth the $$.

Arizona is another story...nothing you can do for hot-as-the-sun temperatures where TucsonJim lives.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Seal up all the gaps in the ducts and you'll probably be good, Rob. Look at my install thread and you'll see what I mean, or better yet Chad's video (Changing Lanes) where he talks about AC maintenance.

I lived north of Utica for many years, so well familiar with the weather in your neck of the woods. Come to Florida (or Texas) in the summer and you'll understand how ANY gain in cooling is a bonus well worth the $$.

Arizona is another story...nothing you can do for hot-as-the-sun temperatures where TucsonJim lives.
                  We spent last winter in Florida and although it wasn't like summer type heat, we had days in the high 80's so I fully understand. I did take the covers off my AC units and they are sealed up good with foil tape. No gaps that I could see and the fiber partitions were secure which surprised me. I'll leave things as they are until we go South again. Thanks for the reply!
                  2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax 3310LB Payload
                  2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Comment

As promised. Pulled the street side filter and took both pictures from about the same angle.

With Airflow: Note cup looking texture.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Airflow.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	48221

No Airflow: Note shiny plastic with screws. That's the diverter for the dumps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	No-Airflow.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	48222
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      With Airflow: Note cup looking texture.
                      Thanks for the pics Jlawles2 Good to know that styrofoam wont break down for a million years!...But seriously we all know drinking from a styrofoam cup is nostalgic and the best haha
                      Last edited by howson; 03-30-2021, 11:14 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote to make response easier to read...
                      2021 GD Imagine 2400BH - Hensley hitch, Levelmate Pro, TPMS, Furrion back up and a few other things
                      2018 Nissan Titan SV 5.6L 4x4 - 3 kids and a co-pilot

Comment

Working...
                      X