Furnace “clicking”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace “clicking”

About a month and half ago, my furnace started a clicking noise when the blower was running, definitely the sound of the fan striking some interference. Started very softly and increased over next couple weeks. Got fairly loud. I found that by “flexing” the blower away from the motor in a particular spot, the clicking stopped. On the road, my temporary solution was to put some 1/8 dowels in place to semi-permanently adjust the blower. This was successful for about a month. Made it thru the big freeze in Texas and then home. Last couple nites on the road, could faintly hear the tick coming back.
    i could replace my dowels and hope for best, but prefer a more permanent solution.
    of course I’m 6 months out of warranty.
    Anybody had or heard of this issue? And potential solutions before I pull the assembly and tear things apart.
    Pat (Red) & Sue
    2019 Solitude ST310GK
    2017 Ram 3500 Diesel

Bubblehead You may need to pull the blower and see what is on the inside that it's rubbing. I know if a mud dobber builds in one, you will think the furnace is possessed and wants to see the light of day.

You may find that its something quite simple.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

That’s my intent - pull it and check it out. I can only hope it’s something as simple as that
      Pat (Red) & Sue
      2019 Solitude ST310GK
      2017 Ram 3500 Diesel

Comment

Working...
      X