A/C Soft Starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Soft Starts

I have heard through the grapevine that GD was now installing soft starts in the A/C units. Does anyone know about this
    2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn CC,LB, DRW

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Originally posted by ShawnErtha View Post
    I have heard through the grapevine that GD was now installing soft starts in the A/C units. Does anyone know about this
    Not true to my knowledge. They are installing RV Airflow's module as standard equipment, but it is completely different from a soft (or Easy) start.

https://rvairflow.com/

Here's my install thread of an Airflow: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts

Now the Easy Start: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The current favorite is:
      https://amzn.to/3djNvex

It has bluetooth, which allow's firmware updates, and includes an installation kit, which has pretty much all connectors/accessories that you need to install.
      Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

They sure are! Our 2020 g25 has 2 ac’s 0n a 30amp system
        2020 Momentum 25G
        2017 F250 gasser
        Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonguy View Post
          They sure are! Our 2020 g25 has 2 ac’s 0n a 30amp system
          "Sure are"...installing EasyStarts or an equivalent? What model air conditioner is in your 25G, Gibsonguy? There's nothing on GD's website or the Momentum brochure that mentions a soft, or EasyStart, installed in the 25G (unless I missed it).

The parts lookup site shows the a/c units on your Momentum could be Furrion or Coleman. I was unfamiliar with the Furrion so looked at the specs--nothing mentions an Easy or soft start capability.

What I did find on the parts list is something I'd not seen before--a Compressor Delay Timer Kit (pic below). According to Airxcel's installation instructions (link below), the purpose of this module is ....it will delay the compressor start-up when the thermostat calls for cooling and is adjustable from 15 to 240 seconds delay in order to stagger the compressor start-up of multiple units on the same power source.

Speculation on my part: Delaying startup is not the same as reducing the startup requirement, which is what an EasyStart does.

If you have more info please post back--I've been wrong before and will be again.

Howard

Timer Installation Instructions: https://www.airxcel.com/DesktopModul...df/1976648.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	Timer.JPG
Views:	2040
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	48060

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

HI all, We have a 2021 2600RB with the Furrion a/c system, depending on what I read in the paper work it is either a14.5 or 15.5 btu unit, I have not opened it up to verify yet. It starts fine on a 15 amp circuit from the house and also from our little generator that claims 2500 start watts and 2200 continuous rating, so that's about 18 amps, right?. That is even with the converter running. Our last unit had the Coleman of equivalent size and it would sometimes start it the first time but never with the converter running. It could be just a different start procedure in the a/c or it could be the so called "soft or easy start". At any rate we are pleased with this outcome. The a/c ducting has the plastic air guides where the air enters the ducts and still has the shuttered outlet on the unit.

Dave
            flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

-- do you have any information on the Furrion air conditioner regarding a built-in "soft start" capability comparable to an EasyStart?

Also, the Furrion website does not have a User Manual, so if that's available please post it, too.

Thanks!
              Howard

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                -- do you have any information on the Furrion air conditioner regarding a built-in "soft start" capability comparable to an EasyStart?

Also, the Furrion website does not have a User Manual, so if that's available please post it, too.

Thanks!
                Howard
                I have attached the Furrion AC manual, BUT this manual is only confirmed with flyfshrockies's AC model number (not a universal manual).

If someone is needing more information regarding the built in soft start vs EasyStart, I would direct them to customer service at (574) 825-9679 or customerservice@granddesignrv.com for further assistance. Thank you!
                Attached Files

Comment

howson Hi Howard, that's nice that Britany sent you the manual for my equivalent a/c unit. Now it would be nice for me to now what it says about it and whether it has the easier to start system on it. We did not get that manual, nor many others with our unit, dealer shrugged and said huh?? I have had customer service send me several manuals via email but did not think of that one. So what does it say, easy start/soft start or not? No info at all, vague? Unless I missed it the install guide I did get with the unit was useless other than how to install it, no detail.

Thanks,
                  Dave
                  flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Dave

You can download the manual just click on it in the attached files and you should have it.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers Thanks for that, however I do not see an attachment on my screen anywhere. Maybe I am missing something or is it an apple thing that's not compatible?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
                        Country Campers Thanks for that, however I do not see an attachment on my screen anywhere. Maybe I am missing something or is it an apple thing that's not compatible?

Dave
                        I am on Apple and it shows up for me. Are you using the tapatalk app or whatever it is or the site? I think people have had problems with the app before, I always load the desktop site in my browser.

Click image for larger version

Name:	40EF37D7-5223-490A-B4C9-D99C7778E389.png
Views:	2013
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	48346

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

ncitro The screen shot you included is certainly different than mine in that I do not see the attachment on the bottom. I am using my laptop (MacBook Air) directly to the site through my browser. I have noticed at other times that I do not see some of the pics that are supposedly on some posts. I recently updated to the latest version OS (Big Sur?), I wonder if that could be the issue?? I am also useless in general as a computer user most times so who knows. Perhaps it could be forwarded to me through PM?

Thanks
                          Dave

Comment

ncitro The screen shot you included is certainly different than mine in that I do not see the attachment on the bottom. I am using my laptop (MacBook Air) directly to the site through my browser. I have noticed at other times that I do not see some of the pics that are supposedly on some posts. I recently updated to the latest version OS (Big Sur?), I wonder if that could be the issue?? I am also useless in general as a computer user most times so who knows. Perhaps it could be forwarded to me through PM?

Thanks
                            Dave
                            Huh That’s strange. I use a MacBook running Big Sur as well, and have no issue. Maybe there is something set wrong on the server side for your account. I’ll see if I can grab it and PM it to you.

Neil Citro
                            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks
                              Dave
                              Your topic display mode was set to Hybrid. I changed it to Threaded (same as mine). Log out and log back in and look at this thread again. Any difference? (I'll change it back if you want.)

Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X