No announcement yet.

A/C Soft Starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@flyfishrockies, I sat down with my buildsheet and went through and then located the manuals online, and then printed them out and created a three ring binder. I can find stuff online, but with the binder I don't have to worry about spotty cell service or dead batteries. Anything I buy gets added, along with any serious mods.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

howson Howard, Thanks for making that change. ncitro forwarded a copy of the manual to em also and I think him as well. I can now see the attachment, at least for the time being. I had to log out as you suggested, go into account settings, review everything and save it, log out, log in then saw everything including sig lines. Quite the improvement. So I guess no one has come to a conclusion on the soft/easy start question. I will say that our Furrion 14.5 does start on the generator much better then the Coleman of old did.

Thank You very much.

Dave
      flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

The problem is the current draw spike on start up happens so quickly your typical clamp meter will not catch the peack amp draw or at best will average it out. The only real way to test it would be with an oscilloscope.
        Jeff and Debbie
        2021 Imagine 2250RK
        2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
        USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Heavysledz View Post
          The problem is the current draw spike on start up happens so quickly your typical clamp meter will not catch the peack amp draw or at best will average it out. The only real way to test it would be with an oscilloscope.
          You're right. The EasyStart video shows a meter the presenter created to record the startup spike.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have looked at my Colman Mach units and I do not see any softstarts on them. I am guessing it is only on certain models
            2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn CC,LB, DRW

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Not true to my knowledge. They are installing RV Airflow's module as standard equipment, but it is completely different from a soft (or Easy) start.

https://rvairflow.com/

Here's my install thread of an Airflow: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts

Now the Easy Start: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts

Howard
              I wish I had the Rvairflow on mine. I guess my 2021 was to early in production before they started adding them or forgot due to part shortage
              2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn CC,LB, DRW

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Comment

Here are some links to discounted devices. The additional discount code is StayCool. The additional discount is applied in the checkout cart.

I have a 2021 34’ Momentum Toy Hauler. We are looking to install one of these units. I’ve read this string and I plan to take off the cover and physically look for a soft start device.

But my question is how will these work with the load balancing capability of the coach. My understanding was that the system had the ability to shed and then add back different loads to accommodate more demand than the 30 amp system can handle and thus allow different demands to be accommodated.

I’m new to living off of a 30 amp system, coming off a 50 amp Motorhome system where we never had to worry about these topics. I’m certainly aware of the big difference between the two systems (generally a 50amp system really has two “legs” of power).

The 364 is $309 on Amazon and this link provides it at $237.63. This is the without Bluetooth option but there is a link here for the Bluetooth as well.

https://technorv.com/collections/air...true&utm_term=

Kelly & Susan
                Dallas, TX
                2015 GMC 2500HD Denali
                2021 Honda Goldwing Roadsmith trike
                2021 Grand Design Momentum 30G Toy Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                  @flyfishrockies, I sat down with my buildsheet and went through and then located the manuals online, and then printed them out and created a three ring binder. I can find stuff online, but with the binder I don't have to worry about spotty cell service or dead batteries. Anything I buy gets added, along with any serious mods.
                  Anyone know how to get the build sheet don't believe dealer gave me that?
                  2022 Grand Design Reflections 150 226RK GMC 3500 HD Turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ccreed View Post

Anyone know how to get the build sheet don't believe dealer gave me that?
                    Contact GD Customer Service with your VIN and they should provide it to you.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                    X