Winter heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter heating

I am a newbie. We just bought a momentum 349m 2021 and we are going to be living in it full-time. At what temperature do we need to do more than have the furnace on and what is the best temp?

Hi Claudia ( guessing that's your name). Welcome to the group.

Please read the welcome letter: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members (Howard may reply with the same thing if our messages cross in the web)

Members here who full time will help, but they will need some information. The most important thing will be outside temps and are you skirting the trailer.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudiaM View Post
      I am a newbie. We just bought a momentum 349m 2021 and we are going to be living in it full-time. At what temperature do we need to do more than have the furnace on and what is the best temp?
      It’s going to be subjective depending on what temperature you’re comfortable at. If you’re going to be stationary skirting can help, particularly if it’s quite windy or below freezing. When it gets below 50 I tend to run my fireplace in addition to my furnace, not because Greg furnace cannot keep up, but just to help even out the temperatures. Space heaters can help with this too. If we used just the furnace, we’d be cooked out of our bedroom and bathroom to be comfortable in the rear. When we installed our front AC I chose a unit with a heat pump and electric heat, and running that when we have electricity makes a big difference in evening out the temps as well.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

As Neil says it will be subjective to what temperature your comfortable with and how deep your pocket book is. The warmer you want to be the more it will cost in propane or electricity or both (RV parks tend to charge for electricity separately if you stay for a month or longer).

I hope you got the tank heaters, they kick on when they sense a temperature of 40 degrees F.

The water lines are run adjacent to the furnace air ducts in the belly and so you need to make sure that your furnace will kick on as opposed to counting on the electric fireplace to keep you warm. The furnace also provides heat to the basement and the mechanical area, so it is really important to make sure that your furnace is your primary heat source.

With that all said, I'm sorry to tell you that the garage is going to cold. You will want a small space heater (not more than 1,800 watts) to keep it bearable and (this is important) to keep the water lines for your W/D prep and the half bath, if your got that option, from freezing, These lines are far enough away from the ductwork and close enough to the outer wall that I can assure from personal experience they will freeze,

Oh, welcome to the family
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Thank so this was very helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X