No announcement yet.

Coleman Excel control board malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure this is relevant, but I recently installed my front AC and I chose to install a Coleman unit with heat pump. When I purchased my components the supplier I worked with was very careful to confirm if my unit was also connected to my furnace (it isn’t, that’s the living room AC). It seems that the thermostat choice is dependent on that. Mine is for AC, and one heat source (the heat pump), whereas if it was controlling the furnace too it would need two heat sources. Since you replaced the thermostat, is it possible you now have the wrong one? Just looking for simple things to try.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

If anyone follows this thread to the end, the symptoms here, basically changing at every stop, turned out to be a pin nail shot into the trim at the top of the wall above the thermostat that broke the insulation on three separate wires. Every stop caused different wires to short out. It also fried the thermostat. Hope it doesn’t happen to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MJChiaro View Post
        If anyone follows this thread to the end, the symptoms here, basically changing at every stop, turned out to be a pin nail shot into the trim at the top of the wall above the thermostat that broke the insulation on three separate wires. Every stop caused different wires to short out. It also fried the thermostat. Hope it doesn’t happen to you.
        Thanks for the update. Definitely something that could happen , but never should.
        Glad you got it fixed.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by MJChiaro View Post
          Unfortunately this is not the first case like this I've heard. The other was related to the fan over the kitchen. The control wires were shorted out (same cause--a nail) and there was a lot of consternation on how to fix it. I suggested to the owner that he ask his dealer to install a MaxxAir fan with a wireless control in lieu of the hard-wired control. Everything still works, just a different control mechanism. This was a conversation at the National Rally so no idea of the outcome.

Thanks for the follow-up.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X