Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion Chill AC Unit Temperature Sensor Relocation Kit (Castle Winch P/N# TSRK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavysledz Thanks for the reply, no worries on the time. Looking at the pic you posted it is the exact same kit you got. About 10 feet of wire with connectors installed overall and the little screen with screws. When I get around to installing, nearly done with house projects, I will post a couple pics that may help others on their project to install. Just as a thought, GD is shipping these to owners gratis now, you might contact them and see if they will reimburse the cost of the kit you purchased if you email a pic of the receipt or packaging.

Dave
    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
      Heavysledz Thanks for the reply, no worries on the time. Looking at the pic you posted it is the exact same kit you got. About 10 feet of wire with connectors installed overall and the little screen with screws. When I get around to installing, nearly done with house projects, I will post a couple pics that may help others on their project to install. Just as a thought, GD is shipping these to owners gratis now, you might contact them and see if they will reimburse the cost of the kit you purchased if you email a pic of the receipt or packaging.

Dave
      Thanks Dave.....a word of advice, the screen/grill that comes with it desensitizes the probe and I ultimately ended up not using mine because it made it very slow to react. Once I removed it, the sensor was very "reactive" and extremely accurate as compared to a digital thermometer I used ot compare the temps with. So keep that in mind when you select your desired location.

I'm not worried about getting reimbursed....sure I would take the money if they were to offer. But I am happy to see that GD is taking some action, even if it is simply copying what others had to figure out for them.....
      Jeff and Debbie
      2021 Imagine 2250RK
      2015 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Crew Cab Short Bed Factory Air-Ride Auto Level
      USMC Veteran

Comment

Heavysledz Good advice on the grill. I decided that the grill holds the probe too near the mounting surface and could have been trying to read the temp of the surface material instead of the air possibly causing excessive lag in the readings. I was going to take some pics of the installation process I undertook recently but it was very straight forward, so help to others would have been minimal. I used a fish to run the wires from the a/c to a speaker overhead of the kitchen sink and ran the wire minus the grill out over the cabinet. This ended up being the best compromise location for getting good agreement with a thermometer placed in several locations in the unit. Getting the fish through the ceiling structure, wires, ducting and insulation was a real challenge. We are hoping this helps normalize the operations of both the furnace and a/c.

I once knew a fellow who was a tanker and he called his steed a heavy sled.

Dave
        flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
          Heavysledz Good advice on the grill. I decided that the grill holds the probe too near the mounting surface and could have been trying to read the temp of the surface material instead of the air possibly causing excessive lag in the readings. I was going to take some pics of the installation process I undertook recently but it was very straight forward, so help to others would have been minimal. I used a fish to run the wires from the a/c to a speaker overhead of the kitchen sink and ran the wire minus the grill out over the cabinet. This ended up being the best compromise location for getting good agreement with a thermometer placed in several locations in the unit. Getting the fish through the ceiling structure, wires, ducting and insulation was a real challenge. We are hoping this helps normalize the operations of both the furnace and a/c.

I once knew a fellow who was a tanker and he called his steed a heavy sled.

Dave
          Haha...thanks for the feedback Dave. Would be curious to see a pic of the final location of your sensor as I am more of a visual person (according to my wife anyways).

My user name "Heavysledz" started many moons ago when I moved out west and was introduced to real snow and snowmobiles. My first few snowmobiles (AKA sleds) were older models and were very heavy compared to what (at the time) was considered normal weight for a snowmobile. Somehow I got the label of "heavy sleds"....which eventually morphed into "Heavysledz" and has stuck ever since. I think it was because I was always getting stuck in the deep powder and all of my buddies got tired of helping me dig out....the y would always say..."Geez your sled is HEAVY"
          Jeff and Debbie
          2021 Imagine 2250RK
          USMC Veteran

Comment

Heavysledz AH snow machines, I have had a very brief exposure to them in the past and decided it was way too cold even though I live in the mountains with temps around zero many mornings come winter. Our rig is at the dealer getting the fresh water tank replaced at the moment, I dread them working on anything. Hopefully it will be back soon and I can take a pic then.

Dave

Comment

Thanks for posting about the remote sensor. I am having the cycling issue causing undesirable cabin temperatures and the room temperature display is all over the map. I also lost my display on the thermostat. I have only had the unit a month and have not camped because I haven't gotten the AC situation resolved.

Heavysledz Do you have a close up of what you connected to above the air filter? I don't have the unit here but have only seen the sensor that is supposed to shut the unit down if the unit freezes up. it is a small copper thing and has a blue clip on it which I would assume is to attach it to the coils. At least that is where it is now.

I am going to call GD today and ask for a recommendation. BTW I drove it back to the dealer (2 hours each way) and they were unable to duplicate the problem.

Again, thanks for the post.

EDIT: Contacted GD today. They're sending me a new controller for the wall. They want to get the display fixed first to see if that corrects the problem. Then he said call back and report the results. Then if needed they will send a sensor relo kit.
              Last edited by OJGRSOI; 06-30-2021, 03:31 PM.
              Mark & Frances

2021 Imagine 2600 RB
              2016 F250 FX4
              1951 M38

Comment

Originally posted by OJGRSOI View Post
                Thanks for posting about the remote sensor. I am having the cycling issue causing undesirable cabin temperatures and the room temperature display is all over the map. I also lost my display on the thermostat. I have only had the unit a month and have not camped because I haven't gotten the AC situation resolved.

Heavysledz Do you have a close up of what you connected to above the air filter? I don't have the unit here but have only seen the sensor that is supposed to shut the unit down if the unit freezes up. it is a small copper thing and has a blue clip on it which I would assume is to attach it to the coils. At least that is where it is now.

I am going to call GD today and ask for a recommendation. BTW I drove it back to the dealer (2 hours each way) and they were unable to duplicate the problem.

EDIT: Contacted GD today. They're sending me a new controller for the wall. They want to get the display fixed first to see if that corrects the problem. Then he said call back and report the results. Then if needed they will send a sensor relo kit.
                Are you certain you have the Furrion AC? I was not aware that GD was installing the Furrion in the Imagine line. If you remove the inside cover and check to see that the plenum is well sealed in between the cold air side and the intake from the cabin and also around the duct work.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by OJGRSOI View Post

Sorry, I don't have a close up picture but you are in the right location. The sensor with the blue clip is wired to the same connector as the temperature sensor. It is basically a black wire with a very small black probe on the end. Just trace the wire for the freeze sensor back towards the control box and you should locate it....I can't remember but believe the connector is inside the control box so you will need to remove the cover (ensure you have the breaker off) and just follow the sensor wires until you locate the connector. It is pretty straight forward once you see what you're dealing with.
                  Jeff and Debbie
                  2021 Imagine 2250RK
                  USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Are you certain you have the Furrion AC? I was not aware that GD was installing the Furrion in the Imagine line. If you remove the inside cover and check to see that the plenum is well sealed in between the cold air side and the intake from the cabin and also around the duct work.

Brian
                    Yes, GD is using both Coleman and Furrion AC units on the Imagine lineup due to supply issues on the Coleman units. The Furrion is actually a pretty nice AC unit other than the idiotic design to have the room sensor in the AC plenum and not in the actual thermostat.
                    Jeff and Debbie
                    2021 Imagine 2250RK
                    USMC Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                      Thanks for this very important write up. GDRV mentioned this to me when I was back there a few weeks ago. Their customer service is supposed to be up to speed on this modification. Did you talk to their customer service department about this?

Jim
                      I can assure they are not up to speed or simply do not care. I just spent an hour on hold after reading through some of these threads about this issue only to be told and I'm quoting here "no we don't get a lot of calls about this issue". Even though apparently they do know about the kits and that Furrion will supply them but no labor is covered. Kind of steamed at the "Customer Service" person I spoke to and his attitude about the whole thing. I didn't pay extra to get a second AC to be baking in the summer heat and now have to make modifications on a unit that is as he put it "working as designed". If it was working as designed I wouldn't be looking at a thermostat reading of 68 while the temp in the cabin is 90! This is my first experience with Grand Design customer service and I have to say, it was abysmal.

Comment

Has anyone installed the thermostat room sensor extension kit in the Imagine 2500RL? I'm having a problem snaking it through the ceiling to an optimal location. Any pictures would also be helpful. Thank you.
                        2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
                        2017 Chev Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2 Max Tow Package
                        Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

Thread necro time! Anyone had any luck actually running the wires for one of these things to a location in the same wall as the "thermostat?" I don't just want to hang it from the ceiling somewhere remote from the AC unit or the AC will never shut off in the summer. Or is the best solution really just to keep the thing hanging out of the filter media to get a "best of both worlds" type of fix?

I'd thought of trying to pull the wires to the thermostat back to the AC unit with a tail on them to pull them back (like a fish tape) but I'd really hate to have that "oh $&@%" moment where the wires get loose and the fish tape stops moving... done that before...
                          2022 Imagine 2600RB
                          2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

uwskier use multiple strings. That way if one gets loose, there is another to take it's place. Also, you depending on the floor plan, if there is a vent, you can probably pull the vent to expose the area between the ceiling and the roof to get a better idea of what you are dealing with.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

I popped out a light to have a look and all I could see was some roof insulation, but I did find wires that ran forward towards the front of the trailer, then hung a right before the kitchen and headed towards the wall. I need to pull off the thermostat control and color match those to see what they are. It's an Imagine 2600RB. Thanks for the reply!
                              2022 Imagine 2600RB
                              2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Originally posted by uwskier View Post
                                I popped out a light to have a look and all I could see was some roof insulation, but I did find wires that ran forward towards the front of the trailer, then hung a right before the kitchen and headed towards the wall. I need to pull off the thermostat control and color match those to see what they are. It's an Imagine 2600RB. Thanks for the reply!
                                Closing the loop on my thread necro, I selected an alternate method of relocating my temp sensor. So far, so good. I'll be camping in mid-high 90s in a bit over a week and will report back.

Link to my fix is here. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ts-free-method
                                2022 Imagine 2600RB
                                2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X