Small leak at AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small leak at AC

Our first trip and when I opened the rig at camp site found some water just below the AC unit. We just had a couple days of rain some Im guessing its getting in from somewhere. I thought they water test these units before they leave the factory. We have 2 days of rain coming so looks like I will need to leave a towel on the floor till I get back
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

The AC may not be properly torqued down. If you remove the inside cover there will be 4 bolts , one at each corner that should be torqued to a spec , I can not remember but it is here somewhere.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I should let the dealer do this
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
        I should let the dealer do this
        You could do it if you have a torque wrench that will do inch pounds , you could also check it by just using hand pressure , just not too tight. I found ours was off quite a bit.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Is the inside cover hard to get off? Maybe I should see if there loose where I can tighten them a bit being we have rain coming
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

They seem tight I put a wrench on them
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

The inside cover should slide off along the ceiling , one piece each way , then there will be a 4 screws that will hold the rest of the cover on , then you should have access to the 4 corner bolts.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

This thread may help you , Remember to Torque Check your A/C Mounting bolts - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Dennis, if the unit was closed up, it could have come from the slide not the AC. Check your seals around the slides. Also check the side moulding (black trip) just above the J wrap on the slides for missing or non sealed silicone. Water will find its way down the inside of the wall, across the bottom of the slide and drop out on the floor, then pool wherever.

Also check all of your water fittings under the sink. I have not had any issues on the reflection, but previous unit was plagued with connections that were not tight enough at fixtures, also after a repair the mysterious water in the middle of the floor but only when closed, hence the way I know that issue.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

The drip was coming from above as we had our ottomanan out and had a drip on it when we first got here. I tightened 2 of the screws not much and its been raining non stop for hours NO leak. Maybe when Im driving its getting in the AC unit then leaking in. Like I say right now we have had down pours NO leak, seems odd
                    2021 Reflection 303RLS
                    Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

OK so we went through 2 days of rain at campsite with no leaks can I assume Im good to go or should I take a hose on the roof and spray into the AC unit sides and back?
                      2021 Reflection 303RLS
                      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Unless you are in a blowing rain, the water hose may actually damage some of the seals. If you found that the AC bolts were loose, that most likely was the cause. it does happen from time to time that those gaskets go bad, or when installed, they do not get them tight enough. Watch the roof for any signs of sagging. Also if you have a shakedown run appointment back at the dealer, have them note it in the file just in case something comes up later.

Our dealer already has an appointment setup for us to bring the unit back in June or July after we use it just in case it needs repair. That way we are on the schedule and do not need to wait for an opening.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                        X