2021 303rls heat vent in bathroom behind toilet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 303rls heat vent in bathroom behind toilet

Just wondering what the vent is for behind the toilet, when the heat is on I feel no warm air coming out. I took the cover off and its just a big opening with wires and water lines. Did they forget to hook up a heat duct there? I do see a small round vent in the cabinet lower in bath that I feel air there. My guess that's the heat source for the bathroom not sure what the other vent in the floor is unless it just allows air in that cavity under the floor.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Maybe a cold air return?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
      Just wondering what the vent is for behind the toilet, when the heat is on I feel no warm air coming out. I took the cover off and its just a big opening with wires and water lines. Did they forget to hook up a heat duct there? I do see a small round vent in the cabinet lower in bath that I feel air there. My guess that's the heat source for the bathroom not sure what the other vent in the floor is unless it just allows air in that cavity under the floor.
      Hi Dennis,

The opening behind the toilet is the air return to the furnace from the upper level. There is a similar opening below the buffet for air return from the main level. The furnace does not have ducted air return. It draws from the basement space around it, which in turn draws from the two levels of the RV and over the wall from the pass through storage area. Actually . . . this works pretty well. In the summer (when you are not using the furnace) it makes some sense to block off the air returns from the living area since cool air from the AC will drop to the floor and disappear down these opening to the basement.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Great, makes since to block them off during summer months to help keep cold air in the cabin
        2021 Reflection 303RLS
        Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
          Great, makes since to block them off during summer months to help keep cold air in the cabin
          A towel on the floor behind the toilet and a pool noodle under the front of the buffet, will work .

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X