Furrion Thermostat E3 Error - FACW12SA-BL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Thermostat E3 Error - FACW12SA-BL

Maiden trip in our 2021 2400BH and we have 30A power. Turned the thermostat to heat and furnace kicked on and operated for 20 minutes or so before stopping. Thermostat flashes a blue light with “E3” on the display. Switched to AC and same story: AC runs for a period of time and stops, with thermostat displaying “E3”. No mention of error codes in any of the Furrion documentation.

Obviously worth a call to the dealer, but would love to take care on our own if others have run into this issue and have an easy fix. Appreciate any help!

Originally posted by Salpino View Post
    Maiden trip in our 2021 2400BH and we have 30A power. Turned the thermostat to heat and furnace kicked on and operated for 20 minutes or so before stopping. Thermostat flashes a blue light with “E3” on the display. Switched to AC and same story: AC runs for a period of time and stops, with thermostat displaying “E3”. No mention of error codes in any of the Furrion documentation.

Obviously worth a call to the dealer, but would love to take care on our own if others have run into this issue and have an easy fix. Appreciate any help!
    Welcome to GD's Owners' (Technical) Forum! First stop--the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I can't find any information on the error code, either. If you'll add your VIN to your profile (the Welcome Letter explains) I'll tag our GD hosts to see if they can get information from Furrion on this error. Make sure and respond so I know the VIN is entered.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Welcome to GD's Owners' (Technical) Forum! First stop--the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I can't find any information on the error code, either. If you'll add your VIN to your profile (the Welcome Letter explains) I'll tag our GD hosts to see if they can get information from Furrion on this error. Make sure and respond so I know the VIN is entered.

Howard
      thank you Howard, I’ve posted our VIN to my profile. Thank you for such a prompt reply. A perfect example of why we booked a “shakedown” trip before our summer trips.

Thank you!

Comment

You may be able to get an answer more quickly from Furrion directly. Their customer service is open from 8am - 7pm M-F (Eastern time zone). 800-789-3341. If you do get this resolved, please share so we can help other owners in the future with the same issue.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

As TucsonJim recommended the OP will probably try calling Furrion directly...<deleted unnecessary request for info. See post #7...>

Howard
          Last edited by howson; 05-02-2021, 04:47 PM.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I removed the thermostat from the wall and all wires were secured, so I assume that any connection issues lie with the controller. I will be contacting Furrion in the AM but appreciate any feedback from the community and Grand Design.

This forum and community are amazing—thank you!

Comment

Did a little digging on the net. http://docplayer.net/177012274-Singl...hermostat.html page 11/16 E3 is loss of communication with the control box.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                Did a little digging on the net. http://docplayer.net/177012274-Singl...hermostat.html page 11/16 E3 is loss of communication with the control box.
                I bow to your Google Fi, sir!

Comment

Howard, it did take a bit of manipulation in the search engine. That is not one easy manual to find. Furrion's manual online are a Hoover. Majority of their manuals are not available online (who would have figured in this age).
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                  X