Heat pump/furnace operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat pump/furnace operation

I'm hoping someone can explain how the heat pump and furnace work in our new Momentum. We have 3 AC's. The main has the heat pump option. On the main unit in One Control I can select "other" or "primary gas" for heat options. I assume "other" will trigger the heat pump first. For the other units I can select heat and adjust the temps.

Firstly, is this a true heat pump or heat strips?

Second question...say I select heat on all 3 units in One Control if the bedroom or garage gets cold do they trigger the heat pump of the main unit first or just go directly to the furnace?

Lastly, since I can select different temps for the garage, main, and bedroom how can they be regulated independently with only 1 heat pump and 1 furnace? Thanks.
    Last edited by motocamper; 10-14-2019, 06:25 AM.
    2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

motocamper

I can not help you with your questions , but could you change the size of your text please? its a little tiny

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      motocamper

I can not help you with your questions , but could you change the size of your text please? its a little tiny

Brian
      Doh! Don't know how that happened....posted by phone and it looked ok. Thanks for the heads up. I am not on the desktop much these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat
        The only thing I can answer for sure is that your central unit, is a heat pump....not an A/C unit with heat strips in it. I have three units in my 394M, but the heating and cooling units are not on the One Control, so on mine each thermostat controls it's own area (garage, living room/kitchen, and bedroom) for cooling. As far as the heating goes, the bedroom and garage have no heating functionality on the thermostat. The central unit (living room/kitchen) controls the heat based on that thermostat setpoint. Also, if I select heat pump, AND there is a 5 degree???? difference (it may be 10 degrees, can't remember), between the setpoint and the actual room temperature, it will try to turn the furnace on to help warm things up quicker than just using the heat pump by itself. Obviously, if my propane is not turned on, the furnace cannot lite, but if it is, the furnace will turn on.
        Good info. Thanks!

I reached out to GDRV this morning. Here is their response....

"Only the zone tied to the furnace can trigger the furnace to run, if the main zone falls outside of the parameters for the heat pump to run it will revert to the furnace for heat. As long as the other zones are within the heat pump parameters the heat pump only will run. (The outside temperature must be above 47 degrees. The set point cannot be more than 8 degrees above the current zone temperature; e.g., climate zone temperature is 68 degrees, then the set point cannot exceed 76 degrees.) Hope this helps"

Comment

We do a fair amount of cold weather camping. I think the heat pump should be ok for fall and spring. I am going to use a space heater in the garage so my kids can regulate their area somewhat from the main. I figure the fireplace will do a decent job of heating the main area, and I am ok with a colder bedroom. Hopefully, this will eliminate excess propane usage.

Comment

Working...
          X