Heat air flow in 2600 rb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat air flow in 2600 rb

I own a 2021 imagine 2600 RB. At times, when we have additional occupants in the trailer, we will close the bedroom door at night while sleeping. Since the bedroom is so close to the furnace, it gets extremely warm in the bedroom and much cooler in the rest of the trailer. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Tape over the vent, half to 3/4, as needed. Our bath is "small" and heats up fast. Actually redirects flow to other vents. Blue painters tape is your friend.
    Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
    TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Originally posted by WWilmes View Post
      I own a 2021 imagine 2600 RB. At times, when we have additional occupants in the trailer, we will close the bedroom door at night while sleeping. Since the bedroom is so close to the furnace, it gets extremely warm in the bedroom and much cooler in the rest of the trailer. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
      BobinICT 's solution is clever--and inexpensive! The latter goes against everything this forum strives to achieve. (I'm kidding...but we do like to spend other people's money!)

Seriously, another option is an adjustable vent. They come in all different colors and sizes, so choose carefully if you're going to try that option.

Also--don't close off too much of the furnace air (with tape or a register!) or the furnace will overheat and shut off.

Something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furnace Vent.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	53840
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by WWilmes View Post
        There are adjustable vent covers that you can replace the existing ones with https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...10-3345VP.html
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

BobinICT 's solution is clever--and inexpensive! The latter goes against everything this forum strives to achieve. (I'm kidding...but we do like to spend other people's money!)

Seriously, another option is an adjustable vent. They come in all different colors and sizes, so choose carefully if you're going to try that option.

Also--don't close off too much of the furnace air (with tape or a register!) or the furnace will overheat and shut off.

Something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furnace Vent.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	53840
          Drat, beat me too it! I guess I should have refreshed the page before posting posting
          2019 Imagine 2400BH
          2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Our bedroom is on an upper level and the nose faces the south, so it has a tendency to get really warm during the day as I sleep. I run our bedroom A/C with one dump open to keep me comfortable but it also spills into the racetrack system. There are times that we have the heat on in the living area and A/C in the bedroom. I'm considering either putting a small piece of something to block the flow into the vent system or a cover over the thermostat to keep the dump from blowing onto it.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
            X