480000 Coleman-Mack AC won’t cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 480000 Coleman-Mack AC won’t cool

15000 BTU. New 2021 25G. 2 units won’t cool. Blows good. Won’t cool. Guess wired wrong.

Originally posted by Greg Moody View Post
    15000 BTU. New 2021 25G. 2 units won’t cool. Blows good. Won’t cool. Guess wired wrong.
    Hi Greg and welcome to the forum. Noted that was your first post, so when you get a chance check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Forgive the very simplistic question, but the thermostat was set below the current temperature in the camper, right? (I've done this as recently as a month or so ago while troubleshooting and thought I'd broken my AC unit. It was a true Doh! moment.)

If the temperature setting is correct and the setting is on HI COOL or LO COOL...then since it's new I assume you'll want to have this repaired under warranty? If so there are a couple of options.

1) Call and make an appointment with your dealer. Drop it off and wait.

2) Call Grand Design Customer Service (# on "business card" on main page of this forum) and discuss the issue with them. If they agree it needs to be looked at they will authorize a mobile technician and perhaps will even recommend on in your area. However--and this is a $ however--you have to pay the fee for the person to come to you. Labor and parts for the repair will be covered, but the "service fee" will be on you. Make sure you're OK with that amount before going forward.

3) Dig in and troubleshoot the wiring yourself. The risk here is if something gets broken or fried as a result of the DIY effort, it's on the owner. However, given everything goes well and a part is identified as being bad, GD is usually good about sending out widgets to owners that do their own work.

If you want to pursue the wiring, post back as there are multiple folks here who can help you isolate what's going on.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Greg Moody Hi Greg, The control panel for the AC can be a bit confusing. Hopefully during the PDI they had the AC units running for you.

When pressing the mode switch pay attention to the items that appear. As Howard stated, it's possible to turn on just the fan(s) and not the AC itself. If memory serves me correct, the fan on is the first set of modes, followed by AC modes and on the primary (living area) controller heat is last. Each has HI LOW and AUTO setting (again if memory serves me correct). You may need to go through the modes a couple of times to get familiar with which ones are fan, cool (AC) and heat. I missed the AC setting on mine on the first outing and had to go through the menu 2-3 times to get it set right.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X