2021 Imagine 2500RL AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Imagine 2500RL AC

Hello. New GD owner here. Just purchased a 2021 Imagine 2500RL. Can anyone give me personal experience of the AC being sufficient to cool bedroom in 90+ degree heat. Bedroom only has one duct, and one in walk thru bath, which would help. I am considering installing a Furrion Chill just for the bedroom.

Originally posted by kleinisrad View Post
    Hello. New GD owner here. Just purchased a 2021 Imagine 2500RL. Can anyone give me personal experience of the AC being sufficient to cool bedroom in 90+ degree heat. Bedroom only has one duct, and one in walk thru bath, which would help. I am considering installing a Furrion Chill just for the bedroom.
    I have moved your post to the HVAC channel. If you wish to make another post for a welcome please do so. Here is a welcome letter to help you get the most of this forum Welcome Letter to New Members - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com).

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by kleinisrad View Post
      Your 2500RL has a "J" shaped air conditioning duct. The a/c unit is at the bottom of the "J", with two vents on the short end of the "J" and four on the longer end. The bedroom, as you may have already guessed, is at the end of the longest leg.

Does your unit have an RV Airflow installed? If you're not sure, what model of air conditioner is installed in your unit? If it's a Coleman it may have one.

What you may want to try is installing damper-style vents in the ceiling. I did this in my 315RLTS so I could direct more air where I want it. Care must be taken to not close too many (if you install dampers in every position like I did).

In your trailer what I'd try is installing two of the damper-style vents in the street-side vents in the living room/kitchen area. By closing them that should direct a lot more air to the four vents left (two on the curb side in the living area, the bathroom, and the bedroom.)

For more on what I did, see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...2607#post12607

Howard

P.S. Consider checking the installation, too, for proper sealing and no gaps. This is a very old issue and shouldn't still be a problem, but issues tend to cycle back after a time. Chad from Changing Lanes does a great job explaining so check out the video.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hey Howard. Thanks for the input. I am not having ac issues currently. Just wondering if the single ac will be enough to cool the bedroom in the summer heat. I haven't been through a Tennessee summer yet and was concerned. I saw that Airflow video. I believe my ac is a Furrion. I took off the cover and it looks clean with no gaps or loose material to prevent air flow. I am planning on installing the closable vents. Thanks, again.
        Jed

Comment

There are "easy to use" calculators on line to help figure out if the a/c is properly sized based on desired temperature change, volume of the space to be cooled, and effectiveness of insulation (poor for RVs)
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

kleinisrad We have a 2021 2600RB and have used it in 102 degree heat out west, (low humidity). The Furrion chill, when turned on auto, lowered the temps inside from about 90 down to 72 in good time and kept it there all day and into the evening on our last trip to California. We were impressed with the performance, it does run the fan at all times with the compressor cycling on and off. We are leaving on a trip Wednesday and are hoping it works as well again. The temps, even in our part of Montana, have been 95 to 101 for over a week, fingers crossed.

Dave
            flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

My 2500RL came with the Coleman Mach Mach 3+. Come to find out those are only 13.5k units. This was only able to keep my camper at 80 degrees during the day when camping in Oklahoma last month (August). It was getting full sun on the roof and the outside temperature was 97-98 degrees through most of the afternoon. My previous camper, of the same size but less window area did great in summer heat with a 15k unit. I thought I was getting a 15k unit when I bought this 2500 RL but the dealer mis-informed me. I'm looking into replacing the AC with Coleman Mach's Mach 15 model (that are 15k). I'm confident that would meet my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomitod View Post
                My 2500RL came with the Coleman Mach Mach 3+. Come to find out those are only 13.5k units. This was only able to keep my camper at 80 degrees during the day when camping in Oklahoma last month (August). It was getting full sun on the roof and the outside temperature was 97-98 degrees through most of the afternoon. My previous camper, of the same size but less window area did great in summer heat with a 15k unit. I thought I was getting a 15k unit when I bought this 2500 RL but the dealer mis-informed me. I'm looking into replacing the AC with Coleman Mach's Mach 15 model (that are 15k). I'm confident that would meet my needs.
                That surprises me, usually they only use the smaller units for front AC units when they are equipped with two, that said they're very limited for parts right now, and using whatever they can get. Is your unit equipped for dual AC? If so rather than replace the one you have I'd add a 15k to the front. Or move your 13.5k to the front. I run dual 15k units in my rig and it's nice for quick cool downs when we get to a site.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

kleinisrad Welcome to the forum and the Family!.​​​​​​​

When you get a chance, check out the forum welcome letter which will hopefully make your forum usage a little easier.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
                  Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                  Nash County, NC
                  2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                  X