2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH heat/AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Transcend Xplor 265BH heat/AC

Hello all, this forum is great, we've found a lot of good information here. We just bought our 2022 Transcend Xplor last week. We took our first trip this last weekend and noticed a few things. Our Furrion AC froze up, had to wait for the ice to melt before using again. Also, Saturday night got a little chilly, 51 F so I turned the heat on for the kids, the heater didn't turn off and the thermostat didn't register any temp changes. I checked for the temperature probe from another post that says it's located in the AC housing. Ours is not, the temperature probe wire in the AC control box is heat shrinked, no sensor probe. We're on the west coast in Oregon in the valley, very low humidity here. It's been about 85 during the day so we've been running the AC. Worked fine for the first two days then started freezing up. Sorry for the rambling, hopefully some of y'all can understand our questions.

Edit : the temperature probe is absolutely located in the AC housing just above the mesh filter. Pushing this small probe through the mesh filter so it's inside the living area corrected all issues with the heater and the thermostat temperatures are correct.
    Last edited by karlbecca14; 07-23-2021, 06:06 PM.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 265 BH, 2002 Dodge 2500 Cummins Karl & Rebecca

Try running the fan on low instead of auto if you can, sometimes this helps.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by karlbecca14 View Post
      Hello all, this forum is great, we've found a lot of good information here. We just bought our 2022 Transcend Xplor last week. We took our first trip this last weekend and noticed a few things. Our Furrion AC froze up, had to wait for the ice to melt before using again. Also, Saturday night got a little chilly, 51 F so I turned the heat on for the kids, the heater didn't turn off and the thermostat didn't register any temp changes. I checked for the temperature probe from another post that says it's located in the AC housing. Ours is not, the temperature probe wire in the AC control box is heat shrinked, no sensor probe. We're on the west coast in Oregon in the valley, very low humidity here. It's been about 85 during the day so we've been running the AC. Worked fine for the first two days then started freezing up. Sorry for the rambling, hopefully some of y'all can understand our questions.
      The issues you've documented sound very similar to those posted here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ostat-problems

Unfortunately, if the OP in the other thread figured out the answer they didn't document it.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

karlbecca14 Welcome to the family and the forum!

It looks like you have already found the Welcome Letter.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome and ideaa to try. Our Furrion AC froze solid for the second time today, I sent the attached pictures to our dealership and they confirm it's completely abnormal and needs to be looked at. I have to drop it off at the dealership next week. The service lead mentioned they're getting several of these calls and service appointments. We're pretty bummed to be honest, we've had this rig 11 days.

An update on the heater, if you push the sensor probe through the mesh filter so it hangs out a little bit the heater shuts off completely normal and temperature is accurate on the thermostat. It's barely noticeable, might be a good option for anyone that doesn't want to do a probe relocation. I'll update this post once I get the rig back from the dealership with a solution hopefully.
          Attached Files

Comment

Update on our AC situation. According to the dealer Grand Design was not supportive and recommended the thermostat prob relocation kit. The probe relocation kit would be covered under warranty but NOT the labor to install it. I'm no AC expert, but I have 2 other travel trailers that we've had for years. I'm not seeing how the thermostat prob has anything to do with the evaporator coil freezing solid.

Before I make any final judgements, I want to call Grand Design and speak to them myself. In my opinion tye AC should've been replaced, we had it 11 days before complete failure. These trailers aren't exactly cheap, I expected better customer service after all the reviews I read. It was the sole reason we went with Grand Design and not somebody else. Starting to look like the negative reviews have some merit. I'll post another update after I speak with GD myself, so far I'm not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by karlbecca14 View Post
              Update on our AC situation. According to the dealer Grand Design was not supportive and recommended the thermostat prob relocation kit. The probe relocation kit would be covered under warranty but NOT the labor to install it. I'm no AC expert, but I have 2 other travel trailers that we've had for years. I'm not seeing how the thermostat prob has anything to do with the evaporator coil freezing solid.

Before I make any final judgements, I want to call Grand Design and speak to them myself. In my opinion tye AC should've been replaced, we had it 11 days before complete failure. These trailers aren't exactly cheap, I expected better customer service after all the reviews I read. It was the sole reason we went with Grand Design and not somebody else. Starting to look like the negative reviews have some merit. I'll post another update after I speak with GD myself, so far I'm not impressed.
              Looking forward to reading the update.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
              X