AC Silencer. Anyone tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Silencer. Anyone tried it?

I read about an AC Silencer from Wacko Products, https://wackoproducts.com/ Just wondering if anyone is using it in a Solitude and if it makes a difference. I have the RV AirFlow installed in both of my units so I'm also wondering if the Silencer kit would still fit. Thanks.

Have not tried it. Both wife and I are white noise sleepers. If its dead silent, we can't sleep.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

I have the AC silencer installed, and it does dampen the noise a little. Silence the aircon unit, absolutely not. It also depends on what you you term noisy. Let's put it this way, I have 30 - 35% hearing, and neither my wife and I can sleep with the AIrcon unit in the bedroom running, even with the Silencer.
      Don't get me wrong, it did quieten the sound somewhat, basically dampen it. There is no insulation , foam, foam core or otherwise in the unit, that performs dempening and it is simply a square piece of plastic.

Essentially all it does is block the air dump system, with tape, add a filter, and reroute the air through that filter, and it's really expensive considering the job that it does.

Comment

Loretta2.0 , we installed it in our 390, in the living room. It allows us to lower the TV volume a bit. Happy with it and would buy it again.
        Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
        2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
        X