Transcend 265 duct work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcend 265 duct work

I installed the rv air flow, and the unit is very quiet. Now the only vent toward the rear of the unit is blowing extremely air very fast. My question is, does the unit have two different duct branches with end caps ? or the race track duct work.
    2020 Transcend 265BH

Originally posted by 20speedy View Post
    I installed the rv air flow, and the unit is very quiet. Now the only vent toward the rear of the unit is blowing extremely air very fast. My question is, does the unit have two different duct branches with end caps ? or the race track duct work.
    Double check the installation--something isn't right.

The duct work in your RV looks like an "Z____". Imagine the a/c in the middle of the Z. There is one register ("outlet") at the top of the Z, and four along the length of the lower (long leg) of the Z_____.

The RV Airflow should direct air in both directions, so air should come out of all five of the ceiling registers.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm getting airflow in all the registers. The rear one is blowing very fast. I'm going to add another register in the rear duct work, or dampen the airflow from the plenumb.
      2020 Transcend 265BH

Comment

20speedy Welcome to the Family and the forum. Please excuse my lateness. It would seem to me that when the air passes by the other ducts it has no real action to divert it out other than internal pressure of the system. When it hits the end of the run, the pressure is higher forcing the air out. Others have popped out the registers and placed a dome shaped piece (I don't recall exactly what or from where, but the Getaway Couple did it in a video about 2 years ago. The dome shape disrupts the flow and directs more out of the registers.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
          20speedy Welcome to the Family and the forum. Please excuse my lateness. It would seem to me that when the air passes by the other ducts it has no real action to divert it out other than internal pressure of the system. When it hits the end of the run, the pressure is higher forcing the air out. Others have popped out the registers and placed a dome shaped piece (I don't recall exactly what or from where, but the Getaway Couple did it in a video about 2 years ago. The dome shape disrupts the flow and directs more out of the registers.
          Interesting, Jerry! I had to go find what you were referencing as I'd never heard of this before.

The item you're referencing is on the Getaway Couple's video starting at 19:33. (For those that don't know the Getaway Couple are "Grand Design Ambassadors".)

The actual item is nothing more than a doorstop!

Click image for larger version

Name:	doorstop.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	62920

The Getaway Couple credited an individual named "Dale" from the Momentum Owners' Group on Facebook as the originator (or at least the one that told them about it) of this idea.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I cut and placed foam on the downstream side of my registers in the previous 5er. seemed to help a bit. W were talking about it at work b/c our building has raised floor with the space under as the ducting and the building is completely screwed on airflow. they make some $50 piece of plastic that get cut and put behind the vents to "grab" the air and force it out the ducts. So the foam does just that.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X