Furrion Thermostat not staying “Live”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Thermostat not staying “Live”

Good morning. We own a 2021 Imagine 3110BH. This is our second Imagine we’ve owned. I’m new to the forum but not new to RV’s.
    I’ve never experienced this though. We are currently staying at the KOA in Leavenworth, Wash. It’s hot up here!! Mid to high 90’s. We have two medium sized fur babies along with the kids.

We turned the A/C unit on yesterday and it seemed to run great. Cooled the trailer down from 89 degrees (we traveled all day) to 71 without an issue. BTW, We purchased this model in May and have only used the A/C one other time and it was good..

We were outside the trailer most of the rest of the evening and weren’t playing close attention to when it ran and didn’t. But seemed to keep trailer cool. However, when we came in last night you could tell it was warm in here.

When we checked the Furrion Thermostat it read 69. No Way it was that cool in here. I hit the mode button. The thermostat lit up. Immediately the A/C kicked on. Now the thermostat jumped to 78 was lit and the unit kicked on, It stayed on until it got to temp and turned off. We headed to bed and immediately it started getting hot again. Rinse and repeat on above… checked stat, touched it, back up to 78 degrees, kicked on etc….

it’s like the thermostat isn’t staying “on” or “live” after once cycle.

I have it set to Cool, fan to “A” (Auto I assume) and 71. And yes, the Power is on.

Thoughts and Ideas appreciated

PDXFJR -- welcome to the forum. Since that was your first post, when you get a chance (and if you want to know more about this forum) check out the Welcome Letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

The thermostat issue you describe is new (to me). I've read many threads related to Furrion issues (and specifically the thermostat temperature sensor) but never this symptom.

I'd still suspect the temperature sensor since it has caused so many issues. Search the forum and you'll find threads on the topic.

I found the manual for your Furrion (I think) here: https://furrion.com/products/14-5k-e...itioner-system After reading it, there's two things you might try.

1) Pull the sensor down into the room (as documented by other owners in threads here on the forum) that is currently up in the a/c unit. (Believe it or not the thermostat does not sense the temp.)

2) Run the fan on LOW continuously. The latter is just a "see what happens" suggestion.

Others will likely chime in here soon. Please update when you find the culprit--sharing information is the power behind an owners' forum.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

PDXFJR ​​​​​​​Welcome to the family and the forum!
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

PDXFJR Welcome to the group and welcome to the Furrion world. We love our Imagine and GD has a great product, however.....The way theses units operate should be an embarrassment to GD. A couple of thoughts. With the sensor in the plenum and running on "AUTO" it could be that the unit runs until temp is reached, shuts down and the sensor may be staying cool due to an ice build up on the condenser. Ours will freeze up for no apparent reason on occasion, we shut it down for a few minutes, restart and away it goes, the frost on the condenser goes away in a few minutes ( I have watched it to see how long it takes to thaw) Just what the 'freeze sensor' does is beyond me and it does not seem to keep the condenser from freezing, I believe it is supposed to start a defrost heat cycle but does not. When you hit the tstat the fan comes on, pulls in room air and the temp indication goes up as this air passes by. As Howard mentions try cool, low fan and see what happens. Pulling the sensor through the foam filter helps some. I have moved the sensor with the kit supplied by GD and it helped some also but is not great either. The low fan setting keeps the air flowing over the temp sensor, shuts down the compressor when temp is reached then continues the flow. I would also take a look in the plenum area by removing the cover, our unit was poorly sealed to say the least and cold air was passing between the two sides (intake and output). In our many years of rving I have never seen a set-up such as the Furrion has as installed. Surly there is a real solution to this issue but no one seems to be able to find it (come on GD lets get this solved, I for one am tired of no solution) short of replacing the a/c unit with a more common Dometic or Coleman. I hear there may also be a few GE units out there but have not seen one. For what it is worth, knowing about supply issues, I believe current owners with the Furrion units should be offered a properly operating replacement unit ahead of current production. GD really fell on their face with this one. We love our Imagine and to have this corrected would make it really great.

A bit of a rant, however it is well earned.

Good luck.

Dave
        flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Working...
        X