X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Air flow

Has anyone installed this?

https://www.rvairflow.com/

Does it work? I have seen some youtube videos where people show results....and it looks like it circulates more air....I don't necessarily think we have a problem....but when trying to conserve power....if you can make something more efficient....especially a power hungry AC....it at least warrants a look.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

It works great, and depending on your racetrack system, will do an amazing job increasing airflow. We saw a YUUUUUUGE improvement in our 351M, but different models have different layout on how the duct system works.

So on the Momentums, one unit feeds to the next and all flow the same direction. But some of the Reflections, they actually blow air towards each other. In those scenarios, you can only use 1 RVAF vs the Momentums and Solitudes where you can use 2 or 3 depending on the # of units you have.

Here's a review I wrote on the system:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...eat-rv-airflow
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I'm ordering one for my Imagine as soon as I take some measurements. (IE, when I get to it.. :-) )

Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Considering an Airflow for our 2020 Solitude in SW Florida. Any solitude owners put one or two in yet, front or living area? Do Solitudes push the air in the same direction, like Momentum above, or against each other? Neither front or rear cools the other end much by itself. Running them both cools ok. We would like to be able to run just the front one in the evening when we are in the living room, or just the rear one at night to cool the bedroom.

Thanks!
        Doug
        Doug & Barb
        2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
        2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
        No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
        Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

howson Howard installed 2 in his camper and found issues. Hopefully by tagging him he will respond. Also if you do a search, he did a nice write up explaining the issue when installing the 2nd one (spoiler only one was a great improvement, 2 caused issues).
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            howson Howard installed 2 in his camper and found issues. Hopefully by tagging him he will respond. Also if you do a search, he did a nice write up explaining the issue when installing the 2nd one (spoiler only one was a great improvement, 2 caused issues).
            Again, as mentioned in the other posts, it depends on the trailer. If it's as a Momentum or Solitude, you can add 2 and/or 3, it will make huge improvements. Reflections, because of the way the ducts are laid out, not so much, you're better off with one. Transcends use a "Z" track and they will benefit with only 1.
            2020 Momentum 351M
            2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by SolitudeAtLast View Post
              Considering an Airflow for our 2020 Solitude in SW Florida. Any solitude owners put one or two in yet, front or living area? Do Solitudes push the air in the same direction, like Momentum above, or against each other? Neither front or rear cools the other end much by itself. Running them both cools ok. We would like to be able to run just the front one in the evening when we are in the living room, or just the rear one at night to cool the bedroom.

Thanks!
              Doug
              Solitudes use the same layout as a Momentum, it's a true "racetrack" design, meaning the air flows one direction. You can use multiple in a Solitude format.
              2020 Momentum 351M
              2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

bellis
                Check your plenum first. The website says GD started installing these in trailers starting in 6/2020. You have a 2020...thinking you have a 50/50 chance of already having it.
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

I installed one in our 2600RB. It is a significant Improvement in the air volume from the vents. It is a pricey piece of styrofoam though!
                  2020 Imagine 2600RB.
                  Our second trailer, after we learned what we needed!

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post
                    Has anyone installed this?

https://www.rvairflow.com/

Does it work? I have seen some youtube videos where people show results....and it looks like it circulates more air....I don't necessarily think we have a problem....but when trying to conserve power....if you can make something more efficient....especially a power hungry AC....it at least warrants a look.
                    I installed one in the main A/C (rear) of our 2970RL. The ducts in the ceiling, were off of the "required" measurements by about 1/2". (making them misaligned with the holes in the RV Airflow foam insert.) Nevertheless, I believe it has made a big improvement. Unfortunately, I have no actual "data" to back that up. It's just my perception. Bottom line... I'm glad I installed it.

Bob
                    Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
                    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                      bellis
                      Check your plenum first. The website says GD started installing these in trailers starting in 6/2020. You have a 2020...thinking you have a 50/50 chance of already having it.
                      Nope, Both A/C’s have working dump valves. Front started freezing up and was replaced by warranty last Nov. I would start with one first, rather than do both at the same time.
                      Doug & Barb
                      2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
                      No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.

Comment

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post

Solitudes use the same layout as a Momentum, it's a true "racetrack" design, meaning the air flows one direction. You can use multiple in a Solitude format.
                        Thanks! Some comments seem to indicate some Solitudes may have 3 a/c units, rather than just 2.

Doug & Barb
                        2020 Solitude 377MBS-R

Comment

Nope, Both A/C’s have working dump valves. Front started freezing up and was replaced by warranty last Nov. I would start with one first, rather than do both at the same time.
                          Nope, as in GD is not installing these at the factory?
                          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                          Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

Nope, as in GD is not installing these at the factory?
                            They only started installing them in 2020. So it depends on when your trailer was assembled.

Also, when you have the RVAirflow system, your dump valves is no longer functional, so it's an easy way to test to see if you have one installed.
                            Mike
                            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Thanks! Some comments seem to indicate some Solitudes may have 3 a/c units, rather than just 2.
                              Some do, it it mirrors what a Momentum would have, and would allow the RV Airflow to be used in all 3 units.
                              2020 Momentum 351M
                              2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Working...
                              X