No announcement yet.

AC Air flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WE have a 2021 Imagine 2970RL is anyone having issues with the front AC freezing up? This has happened twice now only at night. We have the unit set to cool in (Auto). The first time we woke up an the trailer was shaking. The Unit was barely pushing any air when I opened up the main vent it was blowing out ice and was dripping water all over the bed. I switched unit over to fan only to help system dry out the ice. We could hear ice breaking off occasionally but could not figure out where it was going not sure if in ceiling or in ducts. This past weekend this was the 2nd time it froze up again. I woke up in middle of night and it was dripping water out main slide vent. Once again I turned unit to fan only.
    I am not satisfied with the AC system so far since we purchased the camper since we purchased it in May. Any ideas would be appreciated.

These two units are Furrion A/Cs

Comment

Watching this. With my Reflection 220RK with the one Dometic AC does it blocks the dump feature and force everything forward? Being able to open the back dump vent really helps cool down the living area at start up. Otherwise everything works fine the way is is especially if I use auto fan for the night.

Just wondering?
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

In high humidity areas it is best to run the AC on low fan all of the time instead of auto, this is what the Dometic Tech told me a few years ago and should work on all AC units.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by wallmountworld View Post
          WE have a 2021 Imagine 2970RL is anyone having issues with the front AC freezing up? This has happened twice now only at night. We have the unit set to cool in (Auto). The first time we woke up an the trailer was shaking. The Unit was barely pushing any air when I opened up the main vent it was blowing out ice and was dripping water all over the bed. I switched unit over to fan only to help system dry out the ice. We could hear ice breaking off occasionally but could not figure out where it was going not sure if in ceiling or in ducts. This past weekend this was the 2nd time it froze up again. I woke up in middle of night and it was dripping water out main slide vent. Once again I turned unit to fan only.
          I am not satisfied with the AC system so far since we purchased the camper since we purchased it in May. Any ideas would be appreciated.

These two units are Furrion A/Cs
          I have Dometic units so what I say may not apply to you but fyi. I had the rear unit start to freeze up this summer for the first time. Turns out that a primary cause was a dirty air filter which restricted the airflow enough to cause a problem. The unit froze up, though, because the “freeze sensor” had fallen out and was lying down in the air inlet. The freeze sensor on a dometic unit is stuck up in the cooling coils. When it detects things starting to freeze, it shuts off the compressor off until things warm up. Furion probably has some sort of similar function worth testing. Also the unit had air leakage between the outlet and inlet which also aggravates feezing.
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
          Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
          2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Comment

I have a 29070 RL as well. I have yet to have my units freeze up. I will share with you that the Furrion units have a design flaw that I experienced this weekend. The flaw is that the temperature probe is located in the distribution box of the unit and not in the wall thermostat, which should be accurately called a controller. With that being said, I suspect that the dispolayed temperature is reading cooler than the room feels. I contacted my dealer for warranty work to address this issue with GD, as well as I've been trying to call GD all day. In any case. this may have a correlation to your unit freezing up as you are setting the temp lower to meet the demands of the room while the ac is being overworked. Here's a thread that may help.

Comment

Working...
            X