airxcel not resetting after power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airxcel not resetting after power outage

I bought a 2022 Solitude 382. We are long term users. We set it in a park with full hookups installed surge protector. The park lost power while we were fishing one afternoon. It was 103 degrees outside when we returned to the unit the power had went out so the unit was 92 degrees inside. The Airxcel thermostat did not reset once power was restored. I am not worried about the discomfort while it cools down again, but we leave the dogs home cause its to hot on the boat all day for them. What is the best solution to right the issue?

Originally posted by jaga View Post
    I bought a 2022 Solitude 382. We are long term users. We set it in a park with full hookups installed surge protector. The park lost power while we were fishing one afternoon. It was 103 degrees outside when we returned to the unit the power had went out so the unit was 92 degrees inside. The Airxcel thermostat did not reset once power was restored. I am not worried about the discomfort while it cools down again, but we leave the dogs home cause its to hot on the boat all day for them. What is the best solution to right the issue?
    The thermostat is powered by 12V, while the air conditioner itself is powered by 120V shore power. If you're saying that the display on the thermostat went out and did not come back on I'd be looking at 12V problems, bad batteries, possibly a converter issue (blown fuses on the converter itself) or your battery disconnect switch got turned by accident.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by jaga View Post
      I can't offer any insight on this issue, but I did see that Changing Lanes (who are Grand Design Ambassadors) replaced their thermostats for that reason.

Ken & Sandra
      2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Working...
      X