Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coleman Mach AC, Air Dump on sides stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Mach AC, Air Dump on sides stopped working.

The 2 vents on the unit you can open to dump large amout of air suddenly stopped working, but air still flows from vents just fine. Not sure what the issue is?
    Bill & Lana
    Tow Vehicle: 2021 Ram 3500 Dually
    Coach: 2021 GD Solitude 390RK
    Reese Goosebox 20K
    "Our Redneck Mansion"

Originally posted by Instigator View Post
    The 2 vents on the unit you can open to dump large amout of air suddenly stopped working, but air still flows from vents just fine. Not sure what the issue is?
    The vents are nothing special, as I recall the lever physically slides the vents back and forth. I'd pull down your inside cover (two or three screws I think) and take a look at the back side, maybe the linkage on the lever popped off somehow.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I see you have a 2021 model. Are you sure they ever worked? Starting in June 2020, GD started installing RV Airflow inserts in the (usually) main unit direct from the factory. When those are in place, the dump features do not work.
      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
      2020 Momentum 351M
      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Instigator (Bill),
        This first picture shows what it will look like if your Coleman has an RV Airflow installed. Pop off the screen cover and remove the filter screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RVAirflow.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	66592

The next picture is also a Coleman with the same screen and cover removed but it does not have an RV Airflow installed (interior components are OEM). The dump vents on the left and right side do NOT work if the RV Airflow is installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Airflow NO.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	66593
        The dumps (the vents on left and right side of the cover) will work with the OEM configuration.

Take a look at your setup and can discuss it tomorrow.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X