2021 Transcend 297QB Furnace Ducts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Transcend 297QB Furnace Ducts

Hi everyone. Fired up the furnace for the first time today, and noticed a HUGE difference in the strength in airflow between the bunkhouse and the bedroom at opposite ends of the unit. Seems like the furnace is somewhere under the bunks - is this simply a matter of proximity to the furnace? After a couple of minutes, the kids’ bunkhouse was a sauna with the air blasting out of their vent, but the airflow was a comparable trickle in our room leaving us a bit chilly still. Normal? Warm air did seem to be coming out at all vents, and we may need to look into dampening it in the kids room somehow?

Thanks,
    Steven L
    2021 Transcend 297QB
    2021 Ford F-250

Originally posted by ShadowCamper View Post
    ... is this simply a matter of proximity to the furnace?
    Definitely the location of the furnace in the camper. It's (unfortunately) all the way at the rear corner of the trailer (door, or camp side). The line going to your bedroom is by far the longest and even has multiple outlets, the first being in the bathroom.

Do a Google Images search using the keywords "RV outlet furnace damper". Be careful not to damper the total flow coming from the camper too much--the furnace needs to move air to stay cool enough to continue to operate. (If damped too much it will shut off the propane but the fan will continue to run if the temperature in the trailer hasn't met the thermostat's setting.)

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

When I fired up the furnace in our 260RB we had the same problem in our bedroom. The furnace is located at the rear of the trailer where the bathroom is. The duct in the bathroom and wonder the dinette are the standard 4" ducts. The bedroom is only a 2" and barely gets any flow through it. Changing the duct covers helps.

We'd leave the bedroom door open, but then the pups would be waking us up earlier than they normally do.
      John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
      ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
      2017 Jayco 26BH
      2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, the kiddos are down before us and up before us. So the preference is to leave their door closed. Night 2 was a little better since the windows were left open to combat the heat. Will look into that dampening vent cover though…
        Steven L
        2021 Transcend 297QB
        2021 Ford F-250

Comment

I have the reverse problem with my furnace up front it was always too hot in our bedroom and cold in my sons room. We relaxed the duct going to the back with a larger insulated duct and I made a cover to close off most of our bedroom duct. Again you have to be careful about closing them down too far but this has balanced ours out much better.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
          X