Furnace runs while white wire on back of thermoastat disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace runs while white wire on back of thermoastat disconnected

So this weekend was horrible, the furnace would run on its own while the A/C was on. the GD tech (grand design rally) said to disconnect the white wire from the thermostat to prevent it from turning on, well, it would run on its own disconnected. The control board was replaced on the furnace, still ran on its own, when the tech had time to investigate it, it was working fine...of course. this morning, it would turn on and off immediately and the tech couldnt look at tit, no time. SO i am trying to fins the short. it has to be a short. It would turn on and off when i stepped out of the bathroom, but cant duplicate problem. The dealer wont fix it if they cant duplicate it. Does anyone have the wire diagram for the HVAC system in a 350G or similar? I was told the thermostat wiring runs up tot he A/C, then the furnace wires run from the A/C to the furnace. we are thinking maybe a staple shorts out the wire, when the camper settles or flexes, it shorts it out and will run and light the furnace. I want to try to find the short, or something.

Originally posted by bullfrog_28560 View Post
    Does anyone have the wire diagram for the HVAC system in a 350G or similar?
    The year of your 350G along with the model number of the furnace and A/C unit? There is more than one possible configuration...

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Have you pulled the pass through wall and looked at the furnace and its wiring> On my Reflection I found a spot where the furnace wiring was directly against a sharp comer. Might be worth a look.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

bullfrog_28560 not sure if this might be your problem. But last year we had our furnace fan turning off and on randomly. Had both a dealer and a mobile tech look at it, apparently neither one of them pulled the thermostat. When my husband did, he found three nicked wires that must’ve been bumping against each other. He covered them up with black electrical tape and no more problems. Might be worth checking that.
        Andi
        Brookings SD
        2018 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The year of your 350G along with the model number of the furnace and A/C unit? There is more than one possible configuration...
          The heater is a suburban heater and a coleman Mach 15 A/C

Comment

bullfrog_28560 Welcome to the family and the forum!
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
            X