2022 Imagine 23BHE AC not blowing cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Imagine 23BHE AC not blowing cool

Hi. New to this forum and to RV ownership. My husband and I just purchased a 2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE. We Funaki got the 30 amp plug out in at our house and we're testing the AC. We put it on 72 and air blows through the vents but it is NOT cold or even cool. Is there a button I need to push or something we are missing?

vzgregg When you cycled through the thermostat, by chance did you accidentally stop on the fan and not the AC? I have done this a couple of time. Also it takes a couple of minutes for the compressor to kick in after the fan starts on some units.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

We did make sure it was on cool. We also hear the compressor kick on but it didn't blow cool. It's brand new but could it have lost freon?

Comment

vzgregg Welcome to the family and the forum!

It's always a possibility that there is a freon problem, unfortunately there isn't a repair as they are a sealed system. My first bad suggestion is get it back to the dealer and let them start a case with Grand design.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are having issues still. Was hoping it was something simple we have all done.

What model AC is the unit? I had a couple of Dometic's give me issues, is yours a Dometic?. Both did the same thing, both still under warranty (replaced one on my own die to time). Don't know if you or someone is comfortable getting up on the roof, but if you are here are a couple fo things to check. Ensure the radiator (condenser) on the roof that is exposed is clear of debris and free flowing air across it. If that checks out, if you can reach them, start at the top feeling the U bends on the ends of the lines, also feeling the air temps going out od the condenser will help with diagnosis. If the top one or 2 bends are hot but the rest are not, then look for the 2 small lines (1/16" - 1/8" od) that are usually on the door side of the unit leading from the back to the front. The lines should be ice cold and covered in condensation. If you feel a large temperature gradient from the top 1-2" of condenser to the rest of the unit, and the small lines are not cold condensing moisture, most likely the small lines are plugged up. Known issue with Dometics.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
          X